My Brown Basilisk

Hey everyone. First of all, i know i haven't been really "active" on here lately. I'm in 9th grade and in the IB program and its A LOT of work. I have no time to do anything other then homework. I am getting good grades though :D

Well 2 months ago, a friend of mine came to me and asked me if i wanted a baby brown basilisk. His female had laid eggs and the eggs hatched last month. Well yesterday i got the little guy. He is adorable. He is really tiny but he will grow soon.The good thing is that he loves his new cage and he is not afraid of me at all. There is water at the bottom of his cage because they like to swim and then he has access to plants where he can dry off and bask. He loves it! Below are some pictures of him! Enjoy:D

o.jpg

jjj.jpg

f49fa109.jpg

pppp.jpg

This is totally not relevant - but I have heard that Jesus Christ can walk on water, though only Chuck Norris can swim through land.......:)

Nice- Sometimes I breed the green ones. Hand feed him/her as often as possible and spend time every day or two handling if you want to tame it. Otherwise basilisks can be pretty flighty. The greens can become very tame given the chance and treated the same way I would treat an iguana to socialize it to people (regular daily handling for 30-60 minutes for the first couple of years, with plenty of hand-fed treats). I imagine the browns are similar.

Back
Top Bottom