My baby Jackson Chameleon wont open its eyes very much

Cheesetoastcham

my female Jackson Chameleon just had unexpected babies on Sunday around 8:00 PM. She had 4 babies, 2 climbed out of their sack thing fine & 2 were stuck in them & I had to get a qtip & rub the sack off. those were the tiniest ones & the ones who broke free themselves looked pretty healthy. One of them died that night, so I had 3 left. I put them in a small cricket keeper container because thats all I had, & i had no money. I put damp papertowels in the bottom & I mistes the container & put a small fake plant in there. The humidity stayed at about 80% & temp at 70. Later I bought a larger carrier ( I couldnt find a screened cage like my adult chameleon has) & I bought flightless fruit flies. The temps & humidity stayed the same, but my chams were keeping their eyes close & I dont know why... I tried really hard to keep them all alive but 2 died on Friday, so I have 1 left. this one was the one that was born first & he walks around the most & is healthiest. He is starting to keep his eyes closed more & not move around as much, but i saw him eat 2 fruitflies yesterday. I dont know what to do, I really want him to live, please help me...oh & the lighting is just a uvb light :eek:

my female Jackson Chameleon just had unexpected babies on Sunday around 8:00 PM. She had 4 babies, 2 climbed out of their sack thing fine & 2 were stuck in them & I had to get a qtip & rub the sack off. those were the tiniest ones & the ones who broke free themselves looked pretty healthy. One of them died that night, so I had 3 left. I put them in a small cricket keeper container because thats all I had, & i had no money. I put damp papertowels in the bottom & I mistes the container & put a small fake plant in there. The humidity stayed at about 80% & temp at 70. Later I bought a larger carrier ( I couldnt find a screened cage like my adult chameleon has) & I bought flightless fruit flies. The temps & humidity stayed the same, but my chams were keeping their eyes close & I dont know why... I tried really hard to keep them all alive but 2 died on Friday, so I have 1 left. this one was the one that was born first & he walks around the most & is healthiest. He is starting to keep his eyes closed more & not move around as much, but i saw him eat 2 fruitflies yesterday. I dont know what to do, I really want him to live, please help me...oh & the lighting is just a uvb light :eek:

Do you have any lights directed against them? Their eyes can be pretty sensitive.

Can you post pictures of the enclosure for the baby and the baby itself. They could have been to hot and dehydrated. The cricket keeper does not have proper ventilation and without any branches and/ or leaves they have nothing to drink from.

Back
Top Bottom