My 6month Panther has not eaten in a month

bleudolphin

This all started shen I moved my panther to her new cage 30" x 30" x 5.5' tall cage. She stopped eating. I have a reptisun 5.0 tube light, a 100 watt basking light, a drip system, I spray 3-4 times a day. She is still drinking. Her urates are white. I have 2 ficus trees, 2 umbrella plants and 2 pothos plants in her cage. Her basking temp is around 87 degrees with the bottom being around 72. I took her to the vet, but he found nothing. He did try to force feed but no luck. I have had a hard time finding a vet that would even look at her. Most of them I called said they don't deal with Chameleons. I have tried feeding crickets, silkies, wax, butter, meal, and superworms no luck. She has gotten so skinny that I am afraid that she is going to die. The vet suggested that I put her down. Any suggestions at this point would be much appreciated.

sorry to hear bout this,try a 10.0 tube for UV rays first of all,i think 5.0 may be a little weak,i dont kno,maybe the chameleon experts will show up and say. Hope he gets better!

have you tried to just leave some feeders in a place where it can eat if it
wants .Like leave 6 crickets in a container that they cant crawl out of but can
be seen from above and see if there 6 later. Sometimes they'll only
eat when your not watching.Good luck ,hope things turn for the better.

I have used similar products and don't believe them to be worthless. I think they are best used with underweight and dehydrated animals who are recovering from an illness. The product is not intended to be a magic solution to all problems. If a chameleon is not eating for a period of time and is obviously suffering from a lack of nutrition, I don't see anything wrong with using all the options available. This product should never be used to delay/avoid a veterinarian trip.

That stuff is garbage!! I have used it in the past with absolutely no success!!

Seems chameloman72 likes to state his "opinions" as fact..... So sad....

I have used stuff like Carnivore Care before with great results. In fact, it kept a debilitated panther going for weeks following surgery... He would have died without it.

Bleudolphin, is she still putting out feces with the urates? What makes you think she's not eating? How old is she? How well did she eat before the move? Did she cup feed or free range? What are you using to measure her temps? How old is her 5.0? Anything between her and the light?

You could try raising her basking temp a little which might help, but there is likely something else going on. Do you have any recent pics or her and her enclosure?

Seems chameloman72 likes to state his "opinions" as fact..... So sad....

I have used stuff like Carnivore Care before with great results. In fact, it kept a debilitated panther going for weeks following surgery... He would have died without it.

Bleudolphin, is she still putting out feces with the urates? What makes you think she's not eating? How old is she? How well did she eat before the move? Did she cup feed or free range? What are you using to measure her temps? How old is her 5.0? Anything between her and the light?

You could try raising her basking temp a little which might help, but there is likely something else going on. Do you have any recent pics or her and her enclosure?

It becomes "FACT" when it is tried and tested and there is NO good out come!! I have used it on several reptiles and the result on ALL of them was regurgitation!! I had better luck force feeding insects to bring the animals back around!!

Back
Top Bottom