Mulberry

c2c

Ive checked all the nurseries around me and none of them have mulberry trees. so my question to you guys is. If you order trees online and where do you get them from

Not sure where you are from, but I have been having the same issue with hibiscus plants. Every store around Chicago has said that they will have them in closer to mothers day because of the weather. I hope this helps.

Ive checked all the nurseries around me and none of them have mulberry trees. so my question to you guys is. If you order trees online and where do you get them from

We just got a Mulberry tree...from Ebay. We are in PA.
So try Ebay is our suggestion :)
Good luck.

We just got a Mulberry tree...from Ebay. We are in PA.
So try Ebay is our suggestion :)
Good luck.

how big and may i ask the price?
also what kind is it? Im looking for the Whites/fruitless one because those are recomended for silkworms and dont have fruit that will stain my patio

how big and may i ask the price?
also what kind is it? Im looking for the Whites/fruitless one because those are recomended for silkworms and dont have fruit that will stain my patio
I can get you a cutting off mine, or you can find one in your area and cut and root to get tree going. It's pretty easy to do this time of year.

Coastal Silkworms

Has some that don't bear fruit and don't get big either.... I am thinking about it. Waiting to see how this silkworm breeding thing goes first...

I have 3 in my yard and silks love them. They are wild 1 grows fruit birds eat the heck out of it and the other 2 dont. You want a root?

I have a neighbor down the street with a tree. It is getting lots of leaves now, so I went over and introduced myself. I asked if i could come by and pick leaves and they said as long as I don't take "too many". That's pretty vague, so I think I will be able to get all I need there. It's a weird kind of "weeping" mulberry. When I was a kid the old owners would let it grow all the way to the ground and we could hide in there. It was pretty cool. The new owners hacked it something terrible. I thought they might have killed it. I'm glad it's coming back well. Especially with my new hobby.:D

I just read you can put branches in water for 3 weeks until they root then plant. the way they grow you should have a tree in no time.

we all know there is no winter in cali.
well at least in socal winter is like 70

actually it can get down to 40F. but during the day 60-70 ;)

You want a root?
I dont understand? If youre asking if I am looking for a tree then yes.

http://www.tytyga.com they have mulberry trees of different kinds and zones in stock. I find that the Persian Mulberry is good if you have limited space. Mulberry's tend to grow to over 30-50 feet :eek: the Persian tops at 20.

I was planning on keeping it in a big Pot so that i will get big but not GIANT

I just read you can put branches in water for 3 weeks until they root then plant. the way they grow you should have a tree in no time.

Interesting I didnt know that

BTW the fruit is good for gutloading roaches and crickets :)
and silkworms do also eat things other than mulberry, should you not have enough leaves to keep you going

BTW the fruit is good for gutloading roaches and crickets :)
and silkworms do also eat things other than mulberry, should you not have enough leaves to keep you going

what else do they eat?
Im trying to get away from the chow. it seems to mold too fast. even in the fridge

The site sponsor educational supplies or something like that has them.

Probably a good option

I saw those, how fast do they grow?

what else do they eat?
Im trying to get away from the chow. it seems to mold too fast. even in the fridge

Dandelion leaves, grape vine leaves, bramble, other tree leaves, thin shaved carrot,....

If you are raising them from egg, or you desire moths for breeding, I've found its best to have mulberry leaves (or mulberry based product) form 50% OR MORE of the larva diet.

If you buy the chow as powder, then only make up as much as you need for a week, you'll avoid having anything go bad. I make some every other day or so since I boil water every day - just put a few spoons of poweder chow in a bowl, add some boiling water, stir, allow to cool, use. repeat as necessary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom