Ms. Creecher passed

Guardian

Ms. Creecher health had improved dramatically.

Saturday night she was in her sandbox digging her hole for her 2nd clutch. I checked her every couple hours. Sometime during the night her tunnel collapsed and suffocated her.

I never knew I could get so emotionally attached to a reptile.
I am so bummed.

~~G

Sorry to hear that, very unfortinate :( It is amazing how important these little creatures become in our lives. There was a point where I was without a cham for about 3 months, and it was all I could think about day in and day out.

Do you have other chameleons? Obviously Ms. Creecher will always be in your heart, but there is defiantly room for more.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Devastaing... I feel the pain of your loss. :{
So I guess she never got to lay any of her eggs? Just a hope and a wish. :}
So sorry.......

My sincere condolences. That must have been such a shock for you. If you are still incubating her first clutch, their hatching will be a comfort to you.

I'm very very sorry for your loss, i hope you have pictures. have you considered removing the eggs?

a few months ago i had a female laying first clutch, i was nervous because it was her first and my wife was giving me crap thinking i was being obsessed or paranoid. good thing because i found her burried alive and very pale, i was able to dig her out, and i held her for hrs on end, she made a recovery and bounced back, but if i had listened to my wife she would have passed.

its amazing like everyone said how attached you get, and yes i went nutz when i didnt have any chams and it was only a week or two.

I am so sorry for your loss. Seems like the week for breeding related accidents.

No kidding! Very sorry this happened. When my female laid her first clutch i was worried about this and i kept checking cause when the lights went off she fell asleep in her hole. Its nothing you had alot of control over but like gesang said, if you have a first clutch and they hatch, you'll still have a part of her with you.

sorry to hear about your loss.:(

Have you considered emergency "c-section" to get the eggs. i know it would be difficult but may bring joy later on.

hang in there,

Sean

I am so sorry for your loss. When did this happen? Just recently? The reason i am asking is because i had a very similar problem, though not with her tunnel caving in but after laying only 10 eggs my female ambilobe passed as well. My hubby did an emergency c-section to remove the rest of the eggs, another 15. I know it might sound a little gruesome, but i woulldn't let her die in vain. She had tried so hard to give those babies life she just needed a little help this final time. In my case we also checked ot see what went wrong and found her insides all twisted which is why she couldn't finish laying. That was about a month ago and all her eggs seem good so far. I have heard that if youdo it that sometimes they won't make it, but i thought it was worth a shot. At least you have her first clutch, i know it doesn't stop the heartache, but it does help a little. So sorry.

Debby

Ms. Creecher

Thank you guys for the kind words. She was not mated so her eggs were empty. She did lay some before she died. I will eventually get another cham. I learned so much from raising her. She was a stress reducer as I loved to just sit and watch her. I want another veiled, a male this time.

Thanks again
~~G

Back
Top Bottom