Moving with Cham

We just shipped our veiled cham out. Use a small box ..one that doesn't leave any more than a few inches around him in all directions. Put him in a cloth bag that has holes in it for him to breathe. Bubble wrap is good to put around the inside of the box incase he gets bumped around he wont get hurt. My boyfriend also put a few small breathing holes on the sides of the box. You may need an ice pack if it is hot where u are.

Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I'd love to be able to just keep him right in his cage for moving, unfortunately (well he doesn't mind;)) his cage is 2.5'x2.5'x6'...and it's one of those flexariums, pretty much has to be taken apart to be moved, they're pretty flimsy

It's funny, I have 15 aquariums running so I was putting so much thought and planning into moving them, I wasn't worried about how to move Aslan's cage, it will be a breeze in comparison to the tanks. However, I've never moved a chameleon before whereas I sell my baby fish all the time so I'm not really concerned with moving the fish themselves.

I don't know how I feel about putting him into a cloth reptile bag, I know it won't hurt him and it's probably good for him but...you see, he's just such a sweetheart I don't know if I could bare seeing that face as I tie the bag up:( (see avatar:rolleyes:)

One thing I've learned about driving long distances with fish (2+ hrs) best way to know if you're keeping the temp right is to not wear a sweater or jacket, just a t-shirt is best, that way if you're comfortable, they are too:)

with the cloth bags, he'll curl up, have something to grab onto with all of his feet, and go right to sleep. I mean, when its totally dark, these guys are practically comatose. It really is the safest way.

So I've checked out my LPS and they do sell the cloth reptile bags, but I'm just wondering how do they breathe inside those things? I know when I'm sleeping I hate it if the blankets go over my head, feels like I'm going to suffocate!

Do I tie it as tight as I can so he can't get out or should I leave it a little loose at the opening for air?

Back
Top Bottom