moving out?

lizzleberry

hi,
couple of questions, mainly regarding pascal moving into a bigger flexarium

he's recently gotten into his own little routine, it's quite sweet, in the mornings, about half a hour after he's woken up (7am we both wake up an doze for a bit, he'll usually watch me xD ), ill stick my hand in his flex, under his chin, an he'll usually jump onto my hand, run up my arm, and quite happily wonder around for about 15 minutes, then ill put him back, give him some water an food - any other time in the day, he'll hiss madly and try an bite me, or anyone who goes near him - if i am lucky enough to get him out without a fight, he'll usually pack it in pretty quickly and get down to some serious exploring. im kind of hoping this morning thing is a routine he's making for himself, is that a good thing? it's usually every morning, one day a week im away so my sister feeds him an he doesnt like her no matter what time it is, but otherwise he's usually handled in the morning. so im wondering if this is a good thing. is it?

also, he's started eating stupid amounts, that or his crickets escape and vanish very quickly.
i have started putting more effort into his cricket care, they now get fed on apples AND whatever i can find in moms salad bowl and every other tub is dusted with my vets recommended supplements. i think he prefers the un-dusted ones. What i do when i buy them fresh is separate them all into separate tubs with no egg holders or anything so they dont all jump out as quickly, then leave one tub of about 20 in there in the morning and leave it at the bottom of the flex under a hanging plant during the day, then that tub usually lasts 2 or 3 days while the next lot of crickets are eating the apples. the past week i think he's managed an average of one tub of 20-25 crickets a day, so yesterday i just didnt feed him, then today he finished off another tub of crickets. he let me hold him in the afternoon an you could feel how fat he's getting.
i'm slightly worried about this, should i keep feeding him until he's full or is there a certain age he is past where he eats what he's given rather than eating as much as he wants.
also if anyone could recomend some dusting routines without getting too *bossy* about it, thatd be appreciated, just because the dust i use at the moment smells and im sure he doesnt like it so im thinking of giving something else a try

but basically i'
m wondering if the sudden interest in exploring (unless it's just his way of running away from me) an eating too much is a sign that he's ready to move into the next flexarium.

it will have to be the 65 gallon one, just because a 100 gallon flex isnt going to sit on the chest of draws without going through my ceiling, im not sure if he wants the extra height - sometimes when he's out, hell stand up on his back feet and reach for the ceiling, is this a sign that he wants more height in his flex?
if it is, then ill have to try and fit the 100gallon somewhere else but if it goes on the floor i know ill get mice in there :/

ill put some photos up, to show you his size, to me he looks healthy, but if you think he doesnt, let me know, i have a wonderful vet which pascal just LOVES...*shakes head*

IMG_5708.jpg

IMG_5707.jpg

IMG_5703.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

thanks
:)

wow that was a long post.
i have noticed with my guys that they do tend to restless in smaller enclosures as they grow, so the it might be a good time to move him.
he may be a little reluctant at first and take a few days to get used to his new home but i would think he will go back to your morning routines.
as for supploments i would take a look at the Repashy foods clacium plus it is a all in one formula designed to be used daily and take away the need for multiple supplements and complicated scheduals, ( and it smells GREAT!! )
plus they are a site sponsor, also check out their Bugburger it is a great way to feed and hydrate your crickets.
hope that helps a bit, also Pascal looks very nice.

Back
Top Bottom