monsoon

Sarge84

Hi I am thinking about getting an eco terra monsoon. Can anybody tell me it they are worth getting?

Though I haven't owned a Monsoon, I can tell you my opinion based off of the mixed reviews I've read for the Monsoon. I recommend you spend a little more money and purchase a MistKing. I've been really happy with my MistKing's performance, and it can support multiple cages. Also, as a bonus you would be supporting one of the forum's sponsors ^^

I’m very happy with my monsoon. Super simple to set up, and I like the various settings - especially great if you get an additional inexpensive timer so it doesn’t mist during sleep time.

Found mine for $100 at a reptile expo and it was well worth it.

NO!
Not only are they unreliable, the customer service from Hagen (Exo Terra) is terrible.
I have the now retired RS400 which everyone- including the manufacturer- knows had defects on the circuit board. Hagen probably didn't want to officially recall it because it ended up flooding people's enclosures and I'm sure causing damage to not only livestock and cgaes but surrounding carpet, furniture etc.
After literally HOURS of phone time and a dozen+ exchanges over their clunky customer support page they agreed to replace it, but they won't pay the return shipping nor will they send a new unit before I send the old one back and said I should expect about 10 days turn around time during which I guess I will have to hand mist in mornings and hope that he is OK till I get home from work.

I have been doing business with them for decades and I am in their system for multiple other products over the years and they treated me pretty bad.

Even if the thing worked right, I have to say that the plastic clips and fittings are all very low quality and sloppy, the plastic got brittle on the clips within a year and it just cracks, and all the fitting have a lot of slop in them, not good tolerances at all.

I will purchase a Mistking instead in the future.

Back
Top Bottom