Enclosure thoughts and humidity

Edge2023

Hello new here I have a 4 month old female veiled chameleon and she's in a 2x2x4 cage with live plants, t5 HO, basking area is around 80-90 depending on the branch she uses, and led for plants. I have a Monsoon solo 2 mister and since moving her to a larger cage I have trouble keeping humidity between 40 and 50 during the day without misting more than 3 times for 2 minutes. Thought about maybe adding a background to see if it helps keep humidity up. Any thoughts or if I should add anything else. Thank you

Attachments

• 20240106_122236.jpg
    20240106_122236.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240106_122309.jpg
    20240106_122309.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 22
Hello and welcome!
So to help with the humidity you could try putting a shower curtain around the enclosure.
I would raise the basking light a few inches, 90 degrees is a bit warm.
Add some more branches and plants if you can. Do you have a egg bin for her?

More plants will help with humidity too. You could also wrap the enclosure with the Frost King Insulation kits or use Corrugated plastic.

here is info on lay bins in case you dont have that already :)

Attachments

• Lay Bin.jpg
    Lay Bin.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 20
Hi and welcome to the forum. What is your current misting schedule, as mentioned you could cover some of your enclosure, what are you using to measure humidity ie analogue gauge, digital gauge etc . Humidity fluctuation is fine with veileds being 30 to 50 % daytime

If you have trouble keeping the humidity up then you can wrap the enclosure sides in duck window seal or as you said do the background. I have both but am yet to set up my background. You can get the window seal on Amazon or probably Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Target? Hope this helps! 😊

Back
Top Bottom