Monet the Jacksons

nobrate

The first pic, when she's brown, was when I first got her. Probably not the first choice many would make for a cham but I'm glad I got her. Thanks to this forum over the last 6 months she's really improved and became extremely beautiful if I do say so myself :) I absolutely love the red bars that have been coming out stronger the older the gets. Someday I hope I can find her a nice red boyfriend.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure she's a xanth, can anyone confirm?

Also in some of the pics her lip looks swolled and white, when I first got her the breeder called it her "baby lips" and she's been to the vet pretty recently and they couldn't find anything wrong with her lip :/

Here's the pics! (recent ones in the album below!)

http://imgur.com/a/wutmo
[EDIT] Apparently Imgur is down and some of my pictures are too big to post here, hopefully it'll work later :/

Attachments

• IMG951617.jpg
    IMG951617.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 205
I never seen an C.j. xantholophus with a rostral horn with her size I would say she's C. j. jacksonii which are 4 in. from snout to vent full grown.

:)
The first pic, when she's brown, was when I first got her. Probably not the first choice many would make for a cham but I'm glad I got her. Thanks to this forum over the last 6 months she's really improved and became extremely beautiful if I do say so myself :) I absolutely love the red bars that have been coming out stronger the older the gets. Someday I hope I can find her a nice red boyfriend.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure she's a xanth, can anyone confirm?

Also in some of the pics her lip looks swolled and white, when I first got her the breeder called it her "baby lips" and she's been to the vet pretty recently and they couldn't find anything wrong with her lip :/

Here's the pics! (recent ones in the album below!)

http://imgur.com/a/wutmo
i have a xanth jackson female as well and that does not look like a xanth, like said above he front horn is really big for her size, mine is a year and 4 months old and your chams horn is more than twice as big as mine. i would aski someone with more expirience about what you got there but she looks awesome, i would also like to know what kind you got so i could posibly find one for myself:D
if you ever mate her i would love to buy a baby from you:)

Not gonna lie it's kinda nice to see that there are people on both sides of the xanth and jacksonii side. Yeah with the horn and the spikes I was never very sure. So the consensus is she's a xanth? Is there any defining way to tell or picture I could take?

Also hearing all the nice comments makes me quite the proud daddy :)

how old is she?

I don't know for sure. The breeder I bought her from was horrible in retrospect and didn't know for sure when I asked. That was back in November last year. She went to the vet (KSU vet school) about a month ago for a strange swelled spot on her spine and they estimated she was about 10 months old, so currently about 10-11 months old in the pictures.

Well size could be the deciding factor here, most female xantholophus are a medium size chameleon she is smaller and probably full grown. And yes she could also be just small.

Back
Top Bottom