Meet Emmy, my new veiled!

She is obviously asleep on the screen, and understandably not fully comfortable, but her color tells me she is very content, asleep:
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_2fe01cf9-e0ba-4000-87e7-8df2229a7657.jpg

Attachments

• 20240202_104255.jpg
    20240202_104255.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 12
She was not happy I tried to hand feed her.
awwww, her spicy attitude is starting to show. Also welcome to the pink mitten club! Veiled chameleons with little pink mittens or stocking are the best! Here is a blog that you might want to check out on how to earn trust with your cham. https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/
and im not sure if you have seen this or if any has shared this but here Missskittles guide to when our girls start producing and laying eggs! https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/veiled-chameleon-laying-101.2488/

She's gained a lot of weight in the few days I've had her. She was decently underweight at first. I also started my mister system and her skin looks much better, before it looked dry. Just need those plants. Should be here tomorrow. Also have rephashi and a good couple feeders coming. Cage change day is gonna suck. So much to clean.

She's gained a lot of weight in the few days I've had her. She was decently underweight at first. I also started my mister system and her skin looks much better, before it looked dry. Just need those plants. Should be here tomorrow. Also have rephashi and a good couple feeders coming. Cage change day is gonna suck. So much to clean.
You are doing a great job! Keep it up!

Have a plan and work quickly and efficiently. You’re doing great!

She's been cage surfing, had to help her down from the cieling 3 times... but now she seems to be calming down. She REALLY did not like me totally changing her enclosure.

Something worth mentioning. After I got her she was quite bloated looking... she looks MUCH better now. While changing her entire enclosure I found her restroom spot... 2-3 diarhea spots, A GIANT TRANSPARENT SHELL, full of poop and other stuff, and then 3 really healthy poops which I imagine is current. What the hell could they have fed her to make her so blocked up?

ALSO, it's worth noting I have no clue how she took such a large dump with the shell in it. Easily like a human passing a baseball bat.

Last edited:
Something worth mentioning. After I got her she was quite bloated looking... she looks MUCH better now. While changing her entire enclosure I found her restroom spot... 2-3 diarhea spots, A GIANT TRANSPARENT SHELL, full of poop and other stuff, and then 3 really healthy poops which I imagine is current. What the hell could they have fed her to make her so blocked up?

ALSO, it's worth noting I have no clue how she took such a large dump with the shell in it. Easily like a human passing a baseball bat.
I would keep an eye on her poops. It is not normal for them to have diarrhea. Has she had a fecal done yet? If not, I would do this as soon as you can. Sounds like she is settling in great though and you are doing well!!

I would keep an eye on her poops. It is not normal for them to have diarrhea. Has she had a fecal done yet? If not, I would do this as soon as you can. Sounds like she is settling in great though and you are doing well!!
They have been very healthy since she cleared that blockage, the diarhea came before she cleared it. Now they look perfect nearly. I'm going to get her a fecal as you suggested :)

Holy cow!!!!

Back
Top Bottom