MistKing Timer help please

Echoezra

Established Member
Ok, I need help again. Lol.
So I added an extra nozzle to my system before our vacation and it was leaking so we had to unplug the system while we were gone and have petsitter's hand spray. I've been hand spraying ever since. We left timer plugged in but MistKing system unplugged from timer.
So today I took out Trillian's cage :( and put the nozzles back the way they were, and tried to plug the system back in but the timer isn't working. System runs when plugged into power bar directly but not when plugged into timer.
I played around resetting the clock so that it would be before a timer setting, and it doesn't go off. We tried setting it to "ON" instead of AUTO too, and it still wouldn't spray.
So, i'm not sure what the problem is..?
When changing things before, I purposefully didnt do anything but unplug the pump's cord, just so i would avoid screwing up my timer!! Haha, and i apparently still managed to screw it up. Looks like everything is set right still though.
Anybody have any ideas? Hoj? Marty?? :)

Hey Mel. Like envy said hold down the reset button for a good 5-10 sec than try it out.
I wouldn't program it right away just try to cycle it through the, on - on auto - off - off auto, settings
Is it making the click noise when you are pushing the mode button? It should click every second push.
Feel free to call me.

Hmmm... So I'm not sure what you mean by click? The button makes a noise when you push it, but thats every time, not every other, and it doesnt really "click"...
There's a button I dont even know what it does, labelled R.
But then there's the recessed reset button that you have to push something into, I did that and reprogrammed all my timers, double checked the am/pm.
Then I saw you said not to do the programming right away. Lol.
But it still doesn't turn on when I put it to "on". :(
I won't know if the timers work for another hour and a half or so. But I don't think they're going to, nothing else has changed.
Any other ideas why this would not want to work? It used to work, a month ago. :(

Hmmm... So I'm not sure what you mean by click? The button makes a noise when you push it, but thats every time, not every other, and it doesnt really "click"...
There's a button I dont even know what it does, labelled R.
But then there's the recessed reset button that you have to push something into, I did that and reprogrammed all my timers, double checked the am/pm.
Then I saw you said not to do the programming right away. Lol.
But it still doesn't turn on when I put it to "on". :(
I won't know if the timers work for another hour and a half or so. But I don't think they're going to, nothing else has changed.
Any other ideas why this would not want to work? It used to work, a month ago. :(

While the timer is in Off mode push the R button until it says Auto - Off. Leave it alone until it cycles On again. The display will change to Auto - On for the duration then it should go ahead and function normally after that.

I just had an issue with the mistking timer as well, it was fine for a couple days then I woke up in the morning and it dumped my entire reservoir. The display was blank and would not respond to anything. I reset it thinking it may have been my fault. A few days later it did the same thing. Took it too LLL explained the problem and the lady said I could not return it unless it happened again after she reset it (which of course I did before she did). Woke up in the morning and the display was unresponsive and dumped my entire reservoir again. Not to happy at the moment.

While the timer is in Off mode push the R button until it says Auto - Off. Leave it alone until it cycles On again. The display will change to Auto - On for the duration then it should go ahead and function normally after that.

Thanks for trying, but the R button does absolutely nothing. Pressing or holding, it doesn't change anything. :(

I've had the same problem with two mist king timers. The website advertises quality RELIABLE timers. My first timer lasted 2 months before it failed to turn on when toggled to on.

The second timer did not work at all. Broken out of the box. Some kind of short in the wire/contact between the display and the device itself.

I emailed Marty @ mist king while he was on vacation but have received no reply for about a month now.

Marty was always very helpful when I had questions. Given the number of issues reported about the timer I'm not sure if I was just ignored or my email lost. The solder joints inside both of my timers looked like the individual soldering didn't care about the quality of the job they were doing.

My solution was to buy an ecozone to manage my mister + lights + temperature/humidity. Couldn't be happier with the job Tony @ EcoZoneVivariums did helping me iron some problems out over a period of two weeks. Personal time & attention from the creator and top notch support can't be beat.

If you can spring for the EcoZone, I've found it to be a worthwhile investment.

Could be that the battery is on the way out. I would email Marty at Mistking. Anytime I had a question he answered it very promptly. I could not be happier with my MistKing.

I emailed and called mistking the first time this happened, no response. The third time it happened I emailed and again no response. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the mistking, it's a quality misting system. I would not recommend their timers as of this moment. I can't worry about if my chams are being misted when I am away.

Back
Top Bottom