My mistaking timer is not working

jackthejellydragon

Avid Member
I have had a mistking for about a year and it has worked great, but recently I noticed that the timer screen does not light up or respond to anything whatsoever. I don't know how long it has been like this but I am sure it has been a decent bit so I have started to hand mist my chameleon's enclosure. The pump still works and sprays just fine when I swapped the arrrangement of the wires to get it to spray, so the pump itself is not the issue. I ordered it off of Amazon and am wondering if they could potentially send me a new system or at least a new timer. Is it difficult to replace it with a new timer, and how could I potentially fix it?

Thank you

so I tried contacting mistking over 48 hours ago and I have not gotten a response should I just start hand misting? I can't really hand mist in the morning because I get up at 5:50 for school and by the time his lights turn on the water would be dry. I have a hand mister, so what water other than distilled would work? The stores near me are almost always out of distilled so when I find it I buy a lot, but as of now I don't have any.

so I tried contacting mistking over 48 hours ago and I have not gotten a response should I just start hand misting? I can't really hand mist in the morning because I get up at 5:50 for school and by the time his lights turn on the water would be dry. I have a hand mister, so what water other than distilled would work? The stores near me are almost always out of distilled so when I find it I buy a lot, but as of now I don't have any.
When I hand mist I just use tap water and mix in a couple drops of reptile water conditioner. You should be able to find it online :)

You can use the tap when needed to hand mist. The reason we do not put it in the auto mister is due to the fact that there can be mineral build up that clog the pump or the nozzles.

I really think if your screen is shot then you are going to have to get a new seconds timer. They should have the replacements to choose from if you order direct and I believe places like Josh's frogs carry them. Yours should say on it which model it is.

Back
Top Bottom