MistKing accessories?

lisagr07

Avid Member
hey all, i'm about to order a MistKing..

this one...
http://www.mistking.com/Starter-Misting-System.html

i'm wondering what else i might need to get from them to go along with it? i've seen mention of "drip valves" what are they for and do i really need one?
is this one?
http://www.mistking.com/ZipDrip-Valve.html

i'm also going to get a timer but thinking of just going with one from HD. these are mentioned at times, how would this one be more benificial?
http://www.mistking.com/Digital-Seconds-Timer.html

what are your thoughts on the accessories??? necessary or not???

thanks,,, lisa

maybe

I am not sure if you want one but after I recieved my unit I noticed on line that they sale a litle triangle shaped peice, that you can use to install the nozzle in your viv. It costs about $5 but is very handy.

I just bought and hooked up my mist king system last week and I love it, it works great. The mk seconds timer is nice because a full minute of misting is too much for my cage so I can set it for about 30 to 45 seconds and program it to come on up to 8 times a day. Alot of water comes out in a minute and if you are not setup with a drip pan a minute may be too long. As for the drip valve Im pretty sure all it does is stop the few drips that trickle out when the pump shuts off. I opted not to get it because lets face it whats a few drops of water really. I did buy an extra nozzle but once I got it hooked up I realized one was definately enough. Im sure you will be happy with your purchase as well.

The MistKing is a great system. I have one with 4 nozzles and it works flawlessly. I would also suggest the black triangle corner bracket for the nozzle to mount on for stability. Make sure if you get a timer other than the mistking timer, that it will do seconds. Enjoy the system when you get it.

I just ordered my system, with the timer, so I'll be able to give you a better opinion in about a week lol.

I noticed that one of the members were selling one for a great price its james L its in the classifieds :D

I am not sure if you want one but after I recieved my unit I noticed on line that they sale a litle triangle shaped peice, that you can use to install the nozzle in your viv. It costs about $5 but is very handy.

thanks shanksfaml,,, that does look like something useful to secure the nozzel through the screen..
i think i could use it...

I just bought and hooked up my mist king system last week and I love it, it works great. The mk seconds timer is nice because a full minute of misting is too much for my cage so I can set it for about 30 to 45 seconds and program it to come on up to 8 times a day. Alot of water comes out in a minute and if you are not setup with a drip pan a minute may be too long. As for the drip valve Im pretty sure all it does is stop the few drips that trickle out when the pump shuts off. I opted not to get it because lets face it whats a few drops of water really. I did buy an extra nozzle but once I got it hooked up I realized one was definately enough. Im sure you will be happy with your purchase as well.

thanks for all of the input ghettomike!!

after reading what you had to say about the MK timer and it's seconds option, i can see where it could be quite handy.. you're right about the amount of water that can be put out in a 5-10 minute spraying..

i think i'll skip the drip valve, like you said, what's another couple of drops, everything is already wet... ;)

BigBlue and Olympia -- i'm really looking forward to getting it, i'm sure it'll be just what i need... lisa

I noticed that one of the members were selling one for a great price its james L its in the classifieds :D

i checked into that pump he's selling and on the MK website it says not to upgrade to that size pump unless you're using more than 20 nozzles.... guess with just one it would blow like a firehose!!! ;)
thanks anyway... lisa

That timer is more beneficial because it runs off the power from the outlet, not off of a battery life other ones. This timer is apparently one of a kind because of this feature.

Get extra nozzles, you know your going to need them. :D Marty is GREAT need I say more. The mistking is incredible and you will not be let down with the service Marty will give you.

-Clemonde

Back
Top Bottom