Mistking question

lazaru

Hi new to the forums and just in the process of setting up 2 enclosures 2 x2 x4 hybrid enclosures and I'm picking up a male and female ambilobe panther in a couple of weeks

Ive been closely following chameleon acadamy so feel i have a good understanding of what im doing but cant figure out the mistking systems

I'm wanting 2 sprayers per enclosure preferably the T ones so the starter system comes with 1 L mister so would need to buy more plus tube cutter and anything else I need but the ultimate comes with 3 T misters , tube cutter etc and would work out 20 more than the starter plus I will have an extra T mister

If I bought the starter what extras would I need to buy to run 2 T misters per enclosure
Thanks for your help

Hey there welcome to the forum. I draw them out on paper when I have to run multiple cages...

So if you but the starter.... It comes with a single nozzle ( I do not remember if it is a L nozzle but it may be, if so you can use the L and not buy the piece suggested below) . You can convert this to a dual. Or keep the single to take apart in case you need to replace parts. They come apart with a push and pull motion. There are videos on it too.

You want 2 of these because they do not sell the L version https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-t-double-misting-assembly.html

Then buy one of these... Remove the T at the top of one and replace with this https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-1-4-inch-plug-in-elbow.html

Buy wedges... https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-nozzle-screen-top-wedge.html

Buy tube clips. You want these so the tube does not rattle against the cage. https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-tubing-clips-10-pack.html

I bought this because it makes a cleaner cut. https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-tubing-cutter.html

IMG_7833.jpeg

oh and if you want the line to look clean... buy one of these https://www.joshsfrogs.com/mistking-value-1-4-inch-elbow.html

You will run the tube up one side of the first cage. At the top where you need it to turn sharply you will cut the line and hook in this elbow. Secure with tube clip on both sides of the elbow about an inch or two away from it. This will make is so your not pinching your line trying to create a clean turn. Although I am a nut with how clean the cages look lol so you may not care about a weird tube pulled out on a turn.

I used one of these dog food bins for my reservoir. They come in different sizes but it is much easier to drill your hole and have it cleanly attach to a flat surface. Also these seal cleanly and are easy to open to refill.

IMG_2586.jpg

I used one of these dog food bins for my reservoir. They come in different sizes but it is much easier to drill your hole and have it cleanly attach to a flat surface. Also these seal cleanly and are easy to open to refill.

View attachment 334226
I really gotta get one of those... I've been using the 5gal petco buckets for years, but having something that fits cleaner and I can SEE the water levels through would be a game changer

I really gotta get one of those... I've been using the 5gal petco buckets for years, but having something that fits cleaner and I can SEE the water levels through would be a game changer
Yeah I really prefer it... And it fits in my cabinet that the cage sits on so it is all hidden away.

Hi could I get some help with my supplements please

I have earth pro A for every feeding but can't get revitalise with D3 as it's out of stock but have the choice of repashy calcium plus lod or zoo med reptivite with D3 for dusting twice a month

So what's better out of the two which should I get

Thanks

Hi could I get some help with my supplements please

I have earth pro A for every feeding but can't get revitalise with D3 as it's out of stock but have the choice of repashy calcium plus lod or zoo med reptivite with D3 for dusting twice a month

So what's better out of the two which should I get

Thanks
Get the repashy calcium plus LOD version and use it 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then Arcadia EPA at all other feeds. Make sure you are lightly coating your insects. No powdered donuts. :)

Hi there I've ran into a problem while installing the mist king wedges to the screen top

My screen cage is a uk version branded as premium and was considerably more expensive than the repti breeze but the screen top has a narrower lip where you fix the screws to so I can't install the wedge to the inside of the screen top

I can fit it externally but can anyone see any problems with this method as I don't want to screw holes in the external frame if for some reason it doesn't work
TIA

Hi there I've ran into a problem while installing the mist king wedges to the screen top

My screen cage is a uk version branded as premium and was considerably more expensive than the repti breeze but the screen top has a narrower lip where you fix the screws to so I can't install the wedge to the inside of the screen top

I can fit it externally but can anyone see any problems with this method as I don't want to screw holes in the external frame if for some reason it doesn't work
TIA
Go ahead and do it externally making sure that the hole for the nozzle goes through screen that is not right on the edge where it hooks into your frame. Cut out the hole in the screen carefully so it is not larger than the wedge hole. Your attachment pieces for putting in the nozzle will go over the edge of the screen you cut so there will not be exposed screen sharps.

I go and collect my 2 panther chameleons tomorrow a male and female 3 months old and I'm super excited

It's my first time caring for chameleons but although completely different I've kept reptiles including breading green tree pythons for 25+ years

It's took me 6 solid weeks to get to this point but everything is installed and dialled in thanks to the help of chameleon academy and this forum

So thanks for the help up until this point I will post lots of pics when there settled in

I've named them Indica and Cindy

Back
Top Bottom