Misting Systems

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
Ok so I have always used sub-par misting systems, that can't hold a lot of water and run out within a day. They also can't mist for more than a minute and have very limited settings and such. *waves hands in frustration* Now I've had three of these misting systems break on me, within in the last two years, two for my panther cham, one for my foster veiled cham. I am just fed up. I am finally ready to go all out and order a GOOD misting system, and decided to come to the forum to get some suggestions? Any one know of some good ones? I know the Mist King is the big boy on campus, but is there any other up there playing in his court? Or is that the best there is? Is it really as good as advertised?

Ok so I have always used sub-par misting systems, that can't hold a lot of water and run out within a day. They also can't mist for more than a minute and have very limited settings and such. *waves hands in frustration* Now I've had three of these misting systems break on me, within in the last two years, two for my panther cham, one for my foster veiled cham. I am just fed up. I am finally ready to go all out and order a GOOD misting system, and decided to come to the forum to get some suggestions? Any one know of some good ones? I know the Mist King is the big boy on campus, but is there any other up there playing in his court? Or is that the best there is? Is it really as good as advertised?

I just got a mistking myself, and I'm very impressed with the quality. Even the starter kit won't cost you much more than the Exo Terra monsoon which is by far lower quality.

As for others, there WAS Aquazamp, which is american made, but I've seen a few posts on here about how they ordered from them and basically never received their order and the owner wasn't in contact etc... I believe they were removed from the list of sponsors, too.

Mistking isn't a US based company, so shipping may cost you a bit more, BUT many retailers like Josh's Frogs will supply mistking kits, so I'd go with them.

Andee what part of California are you from? The Super Reptile show is going to be in Pomona in two weeks if you're anywhere close to LA and Mistking is going to be there. This way you can avoid shipping costs and they don't charge tax either.

Otherwise, you can visit LLLreptile.com (they're one of our sponsors) and they only charge $3.99 for shipping.

Climist

We bought a Climist "Hurricane" system a couple of weeks ago. Comparable to Mistking but has a few improvements in my opinion. Lower cost, same warranty and ships for free. The spray pattern of the nozzle is wider and the seconds timer works on a 24 hour clock (no confusing AM/PM). The nozzles have ZERO dripping without the need for an additional valve.

The system we bought will run 20 nozzles. Paid $252 for the system and enough mounting brackets/nozzles and fittings for six cages.

Customer service was great as I was personally talking to the owner (John) on his cell phone.

I'm too far from Pomona right now, because the mister will be needed rather soon as I am going away in August for a trip for my brother's wedding. I worry about Ryker getting the water he needs even though he'll have a petsitter :/ ... Mistking sounds like the way to go... but this Climist intrigues me, I will check it out to be sure.

I've seen the climist, and to be honest, it looks like it may be the same manufacturer/supplier that's providing it to both companies. So I would ASSUME, but cannot guarantee that you'd get the same results. Climist does offer everything with free shipping, so that's an added plus. coastalsilkworms.com has the climist systems for sale.

I dont get misting systems. All they are are off the shelf nozzles, a lamp timer, and a RO membrane pump, some come with a bucket. That is is. You can get ultra high grade stuff from amazon for less than $90, or even your local hardware store if you can get the nozzles.

http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek®-Outdo...pebp=1438193251875&perid=0CQHMN5H2PX1CQNQ0MEP

http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-4008-...im_328_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TSF3J7877KZWB8ZXPES

I'm glad this was said. You can build your own for much cheaper

Chase

We bought a Climist "Hurricane" system a couple of weeks ago. Comparable to Mistking but has a few improvements in my opinion. Lower cost, same warranty and ships for free. The spray pattern of the nozzle is wider and the seconds timer works on a 24 hour clock (no confusing AM/PM). The nozzles have ZERO dripping without the need for an additional valve.

The system we bought will run 20 nozzles. Paid $252 for the system and enough mounting brackets/nozzles and fittings for six cages.

Customer service was great as I was personally talking to the owner (John) on his cell phone.

Drur,

Very interested to see how this works out for you. Saw them the other day when I was browsing on-line. Please keep us in the loop.

I dont get misting systems. All they are are off the shelf nozzles, a lamp timer, and a RO membrane pump, some come with a bucket. That is is. You can get ultra high grade stuff from amazon for less than $90, or even your local hardware store if you can get the nozzles.

http://www.amazon.com/AGPtek®-Outdo...pebp=1438193251875&perid=0CQHMN5H2PX1CQNQ0MEP

http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-4008-...im_328_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TSF3J7877KZWB8ZXPES

Those items will not perform anywhere near as well as the systems we have been discussing. Comparable items CAN be bought but you won't save any money in the process. The pump you referenced doesn't have anywhere near enough pressure output and those nozzles are darn near worthless.

Drur,

Very interested to see how this works out for you. Saw them the other day when I was browsing on-line. Please keep us in the loop.

We've been running it on six cages for about three weeks now and it has performed perfectly. ZERO issues.

There is a well established breeder who has both Mistking and Climist systems and stated she will buy another Climist over the Mistking.

Those items will not perform anywhere near as well as the systems we have been discussing. Comparable items CAN be bought but you won't save any money in the process. The pump you referenced doesn't have anywhere near enough pressure output and those nozzles are darn near worthless.

But if it does the job, does it matter? Some people drive a Ferrari, and some drive a Prius. Both get you from point a to point b. While I might not necessarily get these, you can find some that are relatively cheap and do the job effectively

Chase

I got a climist from Coastal silkworms for 99$. It's only set up for one cage but you can add on if you want. It's the same as a mistking. I even used the setup directions on the mistking website. The only difference is that Climist has a finer mist nozzle.

But if it does the job, does it matter? Some people drive a Ferrari, and some drive a Prius. Both get you from point a to point b. While I might not necessarily get these, you can find some that are relatively cheap and do the job effectively

Chase

My point is it won't get the job done effectively.

My point is it won't get the job done effectively.

Says who? I can guarantee I can construct my own misting system that runs just as well as the other misting systems on the market, for less. People want convenience. It is convenient for a company to have everything together so you do not have to piece it together.

Chase

For $99 + shipping get a basic Mistking system. Can't go wrong. This is obviously my opinion but I believe many long time users will agree.

Back
Top Bottom