Misting Pump/System Arrangement Question

Trust me, it is NOT the nozzles. When the pump starts the nozzles spray just fine. The problem is getting the PUMP to start. It will not start pulling water in.

Schmidt - Thank you! I use thumb tacks to secure the branches to the screen and it works really well. And then I hang the plants from a wooden dowel that sits across the top cage frame.

That is a very nice set up. I dont personally own a mistking but it would make since that you would want your water reservoir on the same shelf as your pump.

Im no expert with diaphram pumps but it sounds like something within the pump or line going to the pump is leaking or something is causing the primed line to become un primed for a lack of a better word. Id first start with putting the reservoir at the same height. Since you dont speak of any leaks maybe it is within the reservoir. Maybe a small pin hole in the line or the end of the line is not staying fully submerged all the time. Just throwing my two cents in here with no experience with diaphram pumps.

Edit: Is your pump still within warranty? If so, sounds like someone may be passing the buck with saying 5 or so feet head height is to much??

My mistking set up is similar to yours in height. I would switch the positions of your reservoir and pump. Let gravity help out a bit. Or at least put the pump on the floor.

My AquaZamp pump pumps the water up a similar height and even into different rooms. Been using it for nearly 6 years now I believe.

I just skipped to the end. But have you tried putting the pump on the floor or below the resiovior height. From what I know the pump does not have great suction.

Looks like we have similar setups. I have my 2x2x4 cages up top. The floor is about 5' off the ground. So my nozzle is about 8' off the ground. My pump is on the floor with the water reservoir at the end of my row of cages (So, from the pump to the farthest cages, the distance is about 18'). All of the nozzles mist, and the pump starts without issue. Occasionally, if I let it run dry, I will have to prime my lines again and then it's good to go.

I'm running 10 nozzles off the starter pump. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

This is how I have the AquaZamp setup at my room. It moves water to three rooms in the home, been running it for several years now.

_MG_7005.jpg

Normally it is configured like this and has no issue pumping water upward. I've had customers tell me they run tubing up to a second floor!:
IMG_1015.jpg

I had someone sell me their ultimate system pump, otherwise I would have had to try an Aquazamp pump this time around. Granted the first time I broke my pump was my fault, but I can't go weeks inconvenienced without a system that works once a year.

I had someone sell me their ultimate system pump, otherwise I would have had to try an Aquazamp pump this time around. Granted the first time I broke my pump was my fault, but I can't go weeks inconvenienced without a system that works once a year.

Next time you have an issue give me a buzz. :)

Back
Top Bottom