Mist System Setup

Shaner

Hello,

I am looking at getting a misting system from Mist King, however I need to know if anyone has a misting system setup in their flexarium exclosures, and how they did it?

If you have any pictures of the getup that you can provide me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Shane

You would need to use the screen cage wedges sold on the mistking website. You will want to use zip-ties to fasten it to the tubular frame of the cage. It is the same set-up as a regular aluminum cage, only you use zip-ties, instead of screws. Place the wedge under the mesh exterior, on top of the frame. When you go to make your cut for the nozzle, make it small, the mesh spreads easly.;)

-Jay

Would I have to cut the screen though? If I have these plastic wedges, wouldn't I just be able to remove the meshing from the frame, apply the wedges, and put the meshing over top and not cut anything?

Sorry I am new at this lol, I am used to a drip system but I grow tired of that and want to give my cham more humidity.

Would I have to cut the screen though? If I have these plastic wedges, wouldn't I just be able to remove the meshing from the frame, apply the wedges, and put the meshing over top and not cut anything?

Sorry I am new at this lol, I am used to a drip system but I grow tired of that and want to give my cham more humidity.

dont think it would be posible to use them on a mesh cage, i think you would need to use zip ties.:eek:

The cut would only be 1/2 in diameter for the nozzle itself. If you place it beneath the screen it be to tight and the zipper will be streched to tight, causing excess stress, and a possible tear. If you were to place it underneath the mesh you'd still need to make a hole for the mist line anyway. Your not going to ruin the mesh, just be careful when you cut. We all had to do it to install our units, it's a easy task, you can do it.;)

-Jay

Last edited:
Mount the wedge like this:

Then place the mesh on over the framework, and zip it all closed. You will see clearly where the nozzle needs to go through the mesh to enter the cage. Take a razor blade and make a small cut into the mesh, above the hole in the wedge. Take the nozzle and press it through the hole you just made and place the locking nut back onto the lower portion of the nozzle. Check all fitting connections and align the nozzle to spray in the desired direction. :)
-Jay

I purchased my misting system from mist king.. its an awesome setup.. I have just frost.. looking at getting multiple chameleons in the future but it sure is an awesome setup when I get home ill send some pics with this.. I just purchased the pump and lines and nozzle and the acrylic peice that goes in the corner... get the timer also it works well.. I purchased my resovour at lowes.. it works really well for me

A little off topic but a little on - figured I'd add it here since you're looking at MistKing.

I would never... never buy from...

repeat:

I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM

anybody else

They're great people, especially if you need any help or assistance. They come on the forums and pick up on questions people might have and try to help out, they've got great service over the phone, and if anything ever happens to the equipment.. they've got you taken care of.

I had an issue with the pump I ordered - nothing mistking could have done about it - sometimes things can come from the factory with minor faults that really shorten the livespan. I've seen it with larger more expensive pumps and various other equipment used in HVAC systems. The problem was that they no longer sold the pump I had. They've upgraded to the zip drip pump.

Typically a company would have taken the pump and sent it to the manufacturer for repairs. I was told that might be a lengthy process so what did the good folks at MistKing do? They replaced the pump with the newer - so much better (OMG it rocks) - zip-drip pump.

A+ customer service all around and definitely a great product.

Howdy,

If you should decide to poke a hole in the center of a Flexarium, here is what a friend did using a standard brass grommet on the top of her's:

ScreenGrommet1.jpg

ScreenGrommet2.jpg

ScreenGrommet3.jpg

ScreenGrommet4.jpg

misting system

jay - cool graphic to show how the misting anchors are used! What drawing tool did you use for that? I made homemade anchors out of a sheet of plexiglass. Just cut my own little triangles (or squares). didn't know they had these - thought i'd invented them! I have a mistking system for my two panthers but had a really hard time getting the pump primed and getting the system working. tons of leakage at the pump itself. I think I'm just an idiot, but I could not get the thing working at first, it would draw water but would not pass thru the pump. had to experiment with where my bucket would sit "levelwise" with the pump itself. If the bucket was too high the pump would leak at the valve, too low and it wouldn't draw. anyone else have a similar experience - i'm sure i missed something. had best luck by starting pump and really forcing the tubing in hard at both input and output until the pump primed itself. system runs like a charm but tough first day.

jay - cool graphic to show how the misting anchors are used! What drawing tool did you use for that? I made homemade anchors out of a sheet of plexiglass. Just cut my own little triangles (or squares). didn't know they had these - thought i'd invented them! I have a mistking system for my two panthers but had a really hard time getting the pump primed and getting the system working. tons of leakage at the pump itself. I think I'm just an idiot, but I could not get the thing working at first, it would draw water but would not pass thru the pump. had to experiment with where my bucket would sit "levelwise" with the pump itself. If the bucket was too high the pump would leak at the valve, too low and it wouldn't draw. anyone else have a similar experience - i'm sure i missed something. had best luck by starting pump and really forcing the tubing in hard at both input and output until the pump primed itself. system runs like a charm but tough first day.

Oh... so you dig my art work eh??:cool: I use this state of the art program called "MS Paint". Totally cutting edge stuff.;) As for the pump self priming, and the leaking issue; I had it aswell at first. I got it resolved in a matter of mins, by relocating the resivior.:) The pump says it will self prime up to 2 meters, mine only draws from about 18".

-Jay:)

Misting system

Well done! Good call keeping yourself covered at the prime leaking points. Surprised that you don't have to have the pump itself in it's own leakproof container. i get no leakage anywhere except at the pump itself. My system would not work the way yours is set-up. When the water source was that much higher than the pump , my pump would leak when not operating. Your set up looks great though - economical use of space!

drawing

Jay -
Low tech tool or not - it was pretty cool. Do most people position their misting nozzle in the corner? I put mine dead center and seems to work fine. Wondering if there are benefits to the corner mount other than you using the screen frames as an anchor

Back
Top Bottom