Missing anything?

Chamcham87

So before I start buying everything let me know what you think.

I plan on buying reptibreeze large starter kit and returning dome to petsmart for 60 bucks to get store credit.

Lighting- ceramic dome from home depot and flood light for basking (I've read 90-100w) and a reptisun 10.0 in a fluorescent fixture I'm hoping it'll fit in.

Mistaking starter pack with rain attachment and thier thermostat and hygro

Decor- a ficus tree and fake everything else. I know to remove couple inches and soil add organix and place rocks on top. Can I replant in a ceramic pot? I'll probably add some hanging plants using the magnetic planters I've seen.

Supplement- calcium no d3

Feeders- I have a 40 gallon breeder to house bulk order crickets I'll gutload with high calcium veggies.

I plan on going with a ambilole panther. Don't know where from yet but if I have to default to a veiled I'm cool with that too. What do you guys think? Any input is welcome.

Keeping a ficus alive is hard mode. You would be better off with easy pothos, Dracaena.

Your UV bulb needs to be a linear (tube) florescent. not a cfl

I would go all out and get a reptibreeze XL from the get go, you can always section it off into a 2x4 if you have a wee little one that still needs to learn where the food and water is.

You cant really gut load with calcium. Just feed them nothing special, and the night/day before, feed "the chosen ones" the good stuff (or original mix) for a calcium gut load. High calcium daily foods will kill off the crickets a few weeks short.

If this is your first cham, i would recommend a veiled. You can guarantee a male, and since they eat some veg its a bit easier to nail down their diet and keep them hydrated.

Here is a nice list of staple greens for the bugs for the wet portion.

http://www.greenigsociety.org/foodchart.htm

Back
Top Bottom