Mesh type ... again

That would be perfect. It looks like the same size screen that I use.
I'm very happy to hear that! But it's silver as you can see, so i think it will be too shiny and won't be able to see through very good while lights are on, or am i wrong? Also, for top, won't it be too dense for UVB to go through? Planning on Arcadia Forest 6% one, 2 inch off top, 6 inch under screen basking branch.

I found Arcadia 6% 24W UVB fixture here for decent money and wanted to go with that, but its too strong to be left like yours
I'm using a "Zoo Med ReptiSun 5.0 UVB T5 HO" and it's not a burn issue at about 7 inches away. It measures about 3.5 on the light meter from the top of his back.

I'm very happy to hear that! But it's silver as you can see, so i think it will be too shiny and won't be able to see through very good while lights are on, or am i wrong? Also, for top, won't it be too dense for UVB to go through? Planning on Arcadia Forest 6% one, 2 inch off top, 6 inch under screen basking branch.
I accidentally used the silver when I rescreened my small enclosure. I would have used my solarmeter to double check the uvb index and don’t recall it was a problem. It was sucky to see through when the lights were on, but I only used it for a couple of months. For more permanent use and not having access to the dark screen, I’d do a clear acrylic door.

I accidentally used the silver when I rescreened my small enclosure. I would have used my solarmeter to double check the uvb index and don’t recall it was a problem. It was sucky to see through when the lights were on, but I only used it for a couple of months. For more permanent use and not having access to the dark screen, I’d do a clear acrylic door.
Maybe i found the perfect one. It's says it's gray not silver, and size is a tiny bit bigger than the photo i sent before. It is a tad more expensive but if it's the right one, I'll take that 😅

Attachments

• image_1_428531.jpg
    image_1_428531.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 47
  • image_2_428531.jpg
    image_2_428531.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 45
Why raise the light? My UVB is sitting right on my screen. As long as your branches are about 6 inches away, you should be good. Here’s mine
And what are you measuring at the branch and then at the back with your solarmeter? Because with the gauge your using there is no loss of UVI which means much higher output. This is why you have to move the branch farther away otherwise they can be in over exposure levels depending on how close the branch is.

Would perhaps this mesh work? For the top and sides as well. Sorry for pings. @Beman @MissSkittles

Maybe i found the perfect one. It's says it's gray not silver, and size is a tiny bit bigger than the photo i sent before. It is a tad more expensive but if it's the right one, I'll take that 😅
Either of these would work... I would say the coated one may be even better just due to it possibly having anti rust properties. But I use the silver on my cage top and it has not had any issue rusting.
With these I would keep your branch 8-9 inches down from the screen with the 6% arcadia sitting on the screen.

Either of these would work... I would say the coated one may be even better just due to it possibly having anti rust properties. But I use the silver on my cage top and it has not had any issue rusting.
With these I would keep your branch 8-9 inches down from the screen with the 6% arcadia sitting on the screen.
Thank you! I think i will take the gray one and hope it's good. i will raise the UVB a bit anyways, just so i can move backing brancha bit higher and give him more space. Thank you all! <3

Thank you! I think i will take the gray one and hope it's good. i will raise the UVB a bit anyways, just so i can move backing brancha bit higher and give him more space. Thank you all! <3
Just remember the total distance between the bottom of the fixture and the branch should be 8-9 measured inches. :)

Back
Top Bottom