Mesh size and material

free delivery if you spend over 25$ I think. If you are a prime member shipping is also usually free. There is also a picture with comparisons to standard screen and that one. Scroll thru pictures.

free delivery if you spend over 25$ I think. If you are a prime member shipping is also usually free.
I do not have a prime and was hoping to find some screen material under the 20€ mark as the cage is on the budget. Is using fiberglass mesh too bad choice? With gauge of 1.2mm

well if you spend 25 euros you will get free shipping on the item without prime. You will also have extra screen to maybe force yourself to go bigger ;). Double checked and if you select last option on link free shipping is available. I think that will be your best bet! You could always go to a scrapyard and get some old window screens. Sometime i feel like these budget builds end up costing more then a new enclosure. Pvc and fittings then a doorway!

Actually just looked at 3 way elbows and pvc its actually dirt cheap! Want to make a 10x10 for outside now!
Best cage i can get here goes for about 180€ and it's not even as big as it should be, mine will probably be 55x55x120cm living area, plus a cabinet underneath for roach colony, water supply and waste water storage, food supplements etc.. and i'm still under 120€ with everything included! Then add lightning, roaches, supplements, misting system and it all should be around 300 for custom build setup :)

I need about 5 meters lenght with 1m width, i can get a gray fiberglass mesh with 1.2mm opening for around 2€/m, 10€ total for whole cage since i do not need any more on anything at home i think.

Would perhaps HDPE plastic one work? Found 5m spool, gauge 5x5mm which is ideal, gray color also good. It should be strong enough, and for top i would go with something different so heat doesnt melt it perhaps?

5mm is still big imo thats a pencil eraser head. If going inside any loose feeders will escape not to mention fungus gnats flying wherever they want.

Can you find spray paint that turns to plastic used for outdoor furniture? It takes longer to do but might last longer

5mm is still big imo thats a pencil eraser head. If going inside any loose feeders will escape not to mention fungus gnats flying wherever they want.
How big should it be then? I don't want him to hurt his feet or nails but i don't want insect and stuff coming where they're not supposed to.. 3mms?

How big should it be then? I don't want him to hurt his feet or nails but i don't want insect and stuff coming where they're not supposed to.. 3mms?
aluminium window screen is the only way I know to contain the bugs. I don't know how hard it is to paint but a fine mist of paint should not clog the screen.

aluminium window screen is the only way I know to contain the bugs. I don't know how hard it is to paint but a fine mist of paint should not clog the screen.
Yeah but only one i could find here has 1.2mm big openings, just like regular window screen mesh, and won't that hurt his feet and nails?

I stupidly made a wooden cricket holder and used cheap non metal window screen and the crickets are through it in no time

Yeah but only one i could find here has 1.2mm big openings, just like regular window screen mesh, and won't that hurt his feet and nails?
I have lots of branches in mind and still want to climb the screens. Only other way it enclosed in house 3 solid sides and screened front, top and bottom if you have drainage set up

Back
Top Bottom