Mellers One Year Anniversary (4-20-14)

d3s5

Avid Member
Tomorrow will be one year since I got my first two Melleri. They are doing well. I believe, based on their behavior that I have a male (Medjumbe) and a female (Mocuba). I have seen Medjumbe approach Mocuba tentatively, head bobbing and lobes flapping. When he gets within 10" Mocuba turns black, hisses, and lunges toward Medjumbe. Medjumbe then just turns around and wanders off.

Mocuba enjoying a snail.

Mocuba finally gets the snail down.

Mocuba enjoying the rain.

Medjumbe getting ready for bed.

Mocuba (top) not happy about sharing a branch.

The face-off.

The outcome is always the same. Mocuba gets her way.

Mocuba lounging under the grape leaves.

Deb

Wow has it been a year already? They both look great, you've done an awesome job with them. Here's to hoping that you do have a pair and that she warms up to his approaches eventually!

Thanks for the update Deb. It's about time. ;) They both look great! Thanks for the photos and the story behind the pictures. May you have many more anniversaries together.

Wow, they both look great! You know they've settled in and are happy when they get that light green relaxed color.

You still have the best free range, it's a temple for melleri. Lol

Leland

Wow has it been a year already? They both look great, you've done an awesome job with them. Here's to hoping that you do have a pair and that she warms up to his approaches eventually!
Yes it has been a year! They were in quarantine for several months, so they haven't been in their free range room a year yet. They have such different personalities but I am hoping she warms up a bit!

They look great, thanks for all of the pics!!!!
Thanks!

Wow! They are fantastic.

I love mellers so much. :)
Thanks! I love them so much, too! They are fascinating to watch and interact with.

Great pics. Kath.
Thanks!

Thanks for the update Deb. It's about time. ;) They both look great! Thanks for the photos and the story behind the pictures. May you have many more anniversaries together.
Yes, it is about time! I hope to have many more anniversaries, also - and hopefully a growing family of Melleri!

Wow, they both look great! You know they've settled in and are happy when they get that light green relaxed color.

You still have the best free range, it's a temple for melleri. Lol

Leland
Thanks! Mocuba has always been so relaxed and easy-going. Medjumbe gets grumpy over every little thing! Although, Medjumbe was the one with the most problems when I got them - I had to give oral meds and injections a couple times a day for quite awhile - he quickly learned to despise me!

Those are some beautiful mellers. They just look so comfortable and at home.
Thanks! Mocuba seems very content. Medjumbe a little less so. He did escape the room once. I found him on top of my shower curtain in the bathroom!

I love the photo of Mocuba enjoying a snail.
Thanks for sharing :D
Thanks! I think I offered too big of a snail. She usually just seems to swallow them whole immediately. She held this one in her mouth for several minutes. I had plenty of time to get the camera, take some pics, make a cup of tea, take some more pics. . .

Back
Top Bottom