Zajlol

Hey can anyone tell me about Keller chams I'm really interested in buying one and are they harder to take care of? I Kno there really big so they need a bigger cage and lots more food and water. Do u Kno if there nice like panthers? Thanks!

There are much harder to care for than veileds and panthers. They require certain basking temp requirements, a lot of water, a lot of space ( they do really well in free ranges if done correctly), and also from what I've read stress pretty easily. http://www.melleridiscovery.com/ this is a great place to read about melleri. You need to do a lot of research before considering buying this chameleon.

Mellers chameleons where once called the "3 month chameleon." I think theres a site or forum called mellers discovery or something like that... Maybe someone will chime in with the right name...
Thompson beat me to the post with the right name of the site I was speaking of as a link...

Hey can anyone tell me about Keller chams I'm really interested in buying one and are they harder to take care of? I Kno there really big so they need a bigger cage and lots more food and water. Do u Kno if there nice like panthers? Thanks!

Meller's chameleons are very time consuming (they can be fussy, hard to acclimate if they are imported and most are) and require a lot of living space, a lot of water, a lot of food, and a careful eye to health problems. The best source of info on this species is The Melleri Discovery website. Some are nice, some are pretty nasty (just like most species, but when a 24" melleri decides to be nasty it is not something to take on lightly).

Back
Top Bottom