Meet the real Sonny, the Trioceros Jacksonii Xantholophus

Sonny is a tank and didn’t expected this weight 😯 and then thinking that Neo will reach 6 times Sonny weight, that’s completely insane. I belief Xan’s are slow growers and take almost 1,5 till 2 years to be full grown, Eustis still has time 😊
Yes Eustis is about 17 months old but can’t be sure as petco didn’t know his age when I got him but kaizen estimated him to be about 8-9 months old .

Yes Eustis is about 17 months old but can’t be sure as petco didn’t know his age when I got him but kaizen estimated him to be about 8-9 months old .
That maybe would explain his size and therefore has some to grow. But still, smaller or not, he’s healthy and beautiful 👌🏻, that’s the most important.

First outdoor time of the year…..Sonny on the run (never keep them unsupervised outside)

2A7D22F3-F220-4083-97D2-8685CFEAEE9C.jpeg

So handsome! He’s enjoying every minute of being outside! I can’t do this with Eustis because they spray around here for weeds and bugs. I can and am looking forward to taking him outside on a small tree and inside a butterfly enclosure.

So handsome! He’s enjoying every minute of being outside! I can’t do this with Eustis because they spray around here for weeds and bugs. I can and am looking forward to taking him outside on a small tree and inside a butterfly enclosure.
Every minute outside is a minute. Unfortunately Sonny likes his outside, however within a hour he comes out his tree and moves on. A small tree inside a butterfly enclosure is perfect, Eustis will definitely like it 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Something different, because you know a lot about nepenthes. What causes the pitchers to dry out and die off on the top? And do remove it or them? Or leave it.
Thanks ✌🏻
Either too hot or too dry up there, is it anywhere near basking spot? Once any pitcher is 50% brown remove it-they might just be old! Of course only new leaves can pitcher so those leaves are done but can still photosynthesize.

Either too hot or too dry up there, is it anywhere near basking spot? Once any pitcher is 50% brown remove it-they might just be old! Of course only new leaves can pitcher so those leaves are done but can still photosynthesize.
It’s the one in my living room. Too hot I doubt that, then it’s probably too dry. Only water it once a week, will intensify it.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom