Meet the real Sonny, the Trioceros Jacksonii Xantholophus

Ain’t this heaven for the both of us….now I need to be careful with the screensavers I use 🤣

685D478A-E053-4BD9-A044-94F677D2F34E.jpeg

I’m just curious about your free ranging. Do you ever just find them wandering around off of their trees?
Yes and it’s inevitable. However, the biggest secret, if you have chameleon proof room, is to let them. In other words instead of trying to prevent them from getting out. Give them the opportunity to safely exit the free range and more to enter it again. Once you provide them this option, they’ll explore the room, however will always be back in their tree when it’s time for them. Since then I’ve no Cham missing before bedtime. They just know where the heat and uvb is, it’s in the beginning like they’re searching for a better tree and once they realize the one you provided is the best, they stay in it. Only mating time is always a problem 😱

I know Sonny and Bella love their free range, they’re always in the open never hiding our shy and eat from my hand when I feed them. The only Cham the colors and ducks away when I enter is Cher, but she’s in an enclosure.

Yes and it’s inevitable. However, the biggest secret, if you have chameleon proof room, is to let them. In other words instead of trying to prevent them from getting out. Give them the opportunity to safely exit the free range and more to enter it again. Once you provide them this option, they’ll explore the room, however will always be back in their tree when it’s time for them. Since then I’ve no Cham missing before bedtime. They just know where the heat and uvb is, it’s in the beginning like they’re searching for a better tree and once they realize the one you provided is the best, they stay in it. Only mating time is always a problem 😱

I know Sonny and Bella love their free range, they’re always in the open never hiding our shy and eat from my hand when I feed them. The only Cham the colors and ducks away when I enter is Cher, but she’s in an enclosure.
Maybe someday when I don’t have cats and a dog, I can set up a nice free range for a cham.

I know, and I’m with you on that. But, all got something special and that’s what I’m loving right now. 5 different chams, 5 different personalities, still lots of resembling.
Oh I agree, they each are beautiful in their own way. Didn’t mean for it to sound like I don’t like the other species of chams!

Oh I agree, they each are beautiful in their own way. Didn’t mean for it to sound like I don’t like the other species of chams!
I definitely didn’t saw it that way 👏🏻 Just wanted to clarify it for myself. I just lately said to others that Jackson’s are my favorite, but still that isn’t 100% true, like described before 😉. I think I just love them all for who they’re and no species has my preference, but that’s my privilege at the moment for owning different species.

Back
Top Bottom