Meet Quad Quasimodo Quad

jajeanpierre

Chameleon Enthusiast
Quads were not on my shopping list, but this little boy desperately needed a home and the price was right. ;) Surprisingly he seems to be gripping with his front legs. The picture doesn't show it well, but his right shoulder and scapula (shoulder blade) is shoved right into his body. His left shoulder and scapula is bulging out. He's a real mess but you know what, he actually looks like he is in terrific condition. I think one of my gracilior females is going to turn out to be a quad. It is impossible to tell a 10/15g female quad from a gracilior when they are so stressed and dark.

The second picture taken last night better shows his poor shoulder.

20160506_090141.jpg
20160506_014549.jpg

For such a crippled up little guy, he's looking really good

Attachments

• 20160506_090141.jpg
    20160506_090141.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 147
Quadzimodo is absolutely adorable! Does he seem to have any troubles with climbing or getting around?

I glad you saved him, where did he get so messed up? I think he is adorable :)

He was part of the Cameroon import. He arrived at the importers late Wednesday. I picked him up Thursday. I get the feeling it is an old injury. Maybe from collection, maybe from in the wild. I don't know the extent of the damage, but he is holding on to branches just fine. I know more when I get a weight on him.

Quadzimodo is absolutely adorable! Does he seem to have any troubles with climbing or getting around?
I don't know yet. I'm just leaving him alone. He's a new import and like all the rest was pretty weak and exhausted from his travels. He seems fine, but I don't really know. He grips well. When I did take a good look at him at the importers, it looked almost like his right shoulder was shoved all the way through his body. He has damage to both shoulders. It also looks as if his whole spine and tail might have some issues. I would love to get an xray to find out if it is congenital or injury. Do you remember the badly deformed panther that was discvered in the wild? There was an article about it, He just has that same look to him. I'm glad everyone thinks he is adorable because it will make it a lot easier to find him a super home when he gets healthy and sorted out after import.`

I really didn't get to have a look at him yesterday while we were there. I just heard you gasp in the background.

That poor little guy. It is amazing that even with deformities how they can adapt and push on. I'm leaning towards a birth defect. I don't get the feeling this is a fresh injury or that it was caused on import. Geesh, between him and that 90 degree angle melleri...you never know what you will see when these imports hit.

He is in good hands with you Janet. I will be anxious to see his reaction to food.

He was part of the Cameroon import. He arrived at the importers late Wednesday. I picked him up Thursday. I get the feeling it is an old injury. Maybe from collection, maybe from in the wild. I don't know the extent of the damage, but he is holding on to branches just fine. I know more when I get a weight on him.
Well, I am sure he is much happier now :) glad he is with someone who will care for him properly, I bet in a few mos he will look like a whole new guy :) love his name :p

I really didn't get to have a look at him yesterday while we were there. I just heard you gasp in the background.

That poor little guy. It is amazing that even with deformities how they can adapt and push on. I'm leaning towards a birth defect. I don't get the feeling this is a fresh injury or that it was caused on import. Geesh, between him and that 90 degree angle melleri...you never know what you will see when these imports hit.

He is in good hands with you Janet. I will be anxious to see his reaction to food.

I saw every one of the new imports eat as soon as I put food in their cages yesterday morning. Quasimodo is in really really good condition.

It really broke my heart when I picked him up--I was so glad Craig immediately gave him to me. I sure don't need another non-breeding male quad, but at least I'll find him a good home. I'm a bit of a sucker for those survivors. Joel, remember those pictures and the article on that grossly deformed panther I think? That's what he reminds me off. I think whatever his problem is, it goes all the way down his tail. I'll know better in time. Right now he just needs to get over the import--he doesn't need me even looking at him.

I had forgotten that 90 degree melleri. THAT was freaky.

Back
Top Bottom