Meet my newest, Gertrude!

Lindsey

Today I adopted 1-year-old female veiled Gertrude from a vet clinic a friend works at!
She is super friendly, and chubby, and is healing well from her spay, but is a little dehydrated.

About a month ago someone brought her into my friends clinic with a prolapse. Apparantly her previous owner left her with a prolapse for a week, and after trying to put the prolapse back in himself/herself and failing, brought her to the vet clinic. X-rays indicated egg-boundedness as well, and Gertie's owner could not afford the surgery so she was surrendered to the clinic.

Now she is good as new (with a couple battle-scars to show for it).

I am super excited to have another chameleon after the passing of my dear old Archie.

Enjoy!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

She is settling in very well. I have already seen her drinking and she ate a few worms and crickets, though not in front of me (she's a little shy about eating in front of me yet).

I'll be sure to update with pics as she gets older

That's a lovely story! It's an awful feeling to lose a cham, been there myself. Once you've had a chameleon, life is awfully empty without them! 'Rescued' chams seem to be so sweet and 'grateful' almost. My Tommy had been passed around a bit before I got him. He is now in his 5th home, and I just can't understand why people didn't want him:confused: - you couldn't ask for a sweeter, friendlier and more laid back chameleon. They sure are special when they've been through so much.

Good luck with Gertie, she looks a beauty! I'm sure she will in some way fill the gaping hole that Archie left behind.

Lucky Cham to have someone like you! Congrats on her arrival and best of luck with her. She looks so innocent and adorable!

This morning after her morning mist she went crazy drinking, so I refilled her drip cup and she sat under there for a good 10 minutes or so before I realized I should take advantage of this situation.
I was able to trick her into drinking out of a dripping syringe by dripping it onto the leaf she was sucking on, to get her to not be afraid of the syringe. Hopefully I can teach her to drink from me!
I think she was a bit more dehydrated than I thought, because she seems to be really thirsty, so I added a little splash of pedialyte to the water in her drip cup to help her out.

And she is happily eating everything I offer so far (YAY!).

I took some drinking pictures, but my camera promptly died, so they will be coming later.

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom