MBD Or Overreacting

NewOwner

Mbd Or Over Reacting..?

I am going to take my chameleon for a checkup and a Fecal within the next month..

Just wondering if this looks like MBD?

Really blurry photos, Tripod is BROKE :eek::(

I am most likely over reacting..

Thanks,

-Levi

P.s its a 5 month female veiled.

Last edited:
I am thinking it may be MBD

By the look of the right foot - in the 2nd picture - it looks Wierd to me, but then again ive only had a chameleon for 3 months (Or even that... more around 2)

:( Thanks all.. I hope for the best

Like i said, sometime this month she will be going to the vet..

i think you should take better pictures.. but i think you might have a slight case of over reacting. your using supplements and uv lighting right?

I recommend the reptisun 5.0 over the reptiglo any day so you may want to consider changing that out in the future

I know... i have heard... i also heard there not much differant xcept reptisun is better..

I will order one someday... not sure when. :p

The foot looks fine to me, but your camera has a serious case! :)

Thank you, and yes my camera is @#%$

:p thats a nice way to put it too... it does not work well, its digital, and just crap... ive even tried the sports functiion on it (Meaning things in motion) and it doesnt even work well..

Ugh haha

Can not really tell from the pictures.

Look for curvature in the long bones, upper arm and thigh region. Bone deformities tend to show up here first due to weight and locomotion. Unlike say a primate, muscle development in the upper portion of the limbs is low in a chameleon and makes it easier to see.

The lower portion of the limbs all the way into the hands and feet are very hard to tell on a chameleon without an x-ray. The muscles that are in these areas are usually just to developed. They should kind of look like Popeye.

The casque, tail/spine and jaw are also good places to look as well.

Fuzzy but probably not MBD :)

Those are pretty bad pictures.....but the limbs look straight and not bowed. An experienced vet should be able to feel the jaws and the limbs and tell without an X-ray if he has MBD. I would also change the light to a Reptisun. I use 5.0 lights for juvie cages and 10.0 for adult cages which are typically larger. Part of having your cham is sharing him with others. Get the camera thing worked out so we can see it grow :)

Thanks! Helps Alot!

Im saving up money for a new camera + a nosy be chameleon Lol..

Nosy Be First haha

Gonna see if any o my local vets do anything with reptiles/chams

Back
Top Bottom