full

full

Today:
full
full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Handsome little man you have Sandra :) Looks like he is growing in to some really nice colours. Look forward to seeing update pics as he grows.

Growing like a little weed he is! Amazing the changes he has gone through in just one month. Must be all the good gut load!!!

He is just a beautiful picture of health. The growth when they are that small is so fun to watch. He is growing into his colors. Keep the pictures coming.

thanks everyone.

He hatched in mid-may, I got him towards the latter half of June at about 5 weeks old, so he's about 9 weeks old now.

This is my first time having a veiled, and his growth/size, compared to the panthers Im far more familiar with, is remarkable. He's got to be double the size of a similarly aged panther.:eek:

I stick to the same feeding theory as I used with all my panthers - giving him as much as he can eat in about 5 minutes once or twice (occasionally three times) a day. I suspect he'd eat constantly if I gave him the opportunity!

I've posted a log of his food intake so fare this month: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/818-young-veiled-prey-intake-july-2013.html
Id love to hear from other veiled owners if this seems a reasonable intake for his age!?

August 2013

A little over 3 months old now. He's comparable to the size of a 10 month old panther. I find the growth rate of veiled compared to panthers remarkable.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
He's only 3 months old??!?!? Holy cow! I have recently started trying to follow your gutload recipies (with my own modification based on what I can or can't find :)), and I'm glad I did. WOW!! He's gorgeous and huge. My 1 year old male was only 2.5 months old when I got him but it took him about 3 more months before he looked like that. WOW! That's all I can say - WOW!!

If that isn't definitive evidence of the efficacy of your gutloading technique then nothing is! Just incredible how big he is at just 3 months.... If it was just about anyone else I would call BS :D I don't think Godzilla was that big at 3 months!! I can't wait to see him full grown :eek:

If he wasn't right in front of my face, I'd call BS too.

I would say his genetics and having had a healthy mother are equally if not more critical factors than my gutloading, although obviously a good diet is helpful. And its possible I am over-feeding him; I really hope Im not ! He's not getting much more than my adult panthers.

Back
Top Bottom