Marty Again

Looking Nice Today - He Saw A Female...

Just wanted to share a few pics of Marty because he was very different than normal today because he wanted the female he was looking at...

IMG_5565.jpg

IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

Was he out side long before the pic was taken?

He was very mad at me for taking him out of the cage with the female and bit me (little punk) they were out for about 30-45 minutes when I took the pictures this morning (temp was 84) - in the cage we bought from you (you can see it in the shade in some of the pictures). As soon as I put him back in he stopped gaping, his bars turned a bit blue again, and went back over to her and "bounced" his head... He could have been hot in addition to horny :eek: ... but wasn't gaping in the cage (nor were the other chameleons). I think he was really, really pissed at me.

We take them out in the morning for sun (betwen 7-12) around noon they come inside so they don't get too hot during the afternoon. It's 101 outside right now and too hot for the chamies...even if I continually mist them. Took pictures of some of the other chamies today too... they weren't as mad at me as he was and weren't gaping and flaring their colors as much.... Take a look at https://www.chameleonforums.com/kobe-our-nosy-27201/

This was him when he first came out of the cage, before he was very mad with me...

IMG_5536.jpg

Looks like he got a really bad sunburn. What a bad owner......... He is honestly truly stunning and an incredible cham. Good buy!

-Clemonde

I am blown away He is amazing. The reason I was asking if ""he was out for long is my Ambilobe will do a really cool Yellow transformation. I only see it when he has warmed up in the sun. He goes really dark then does the Yellow thing. I never see it unless he has been basking.

I am blown away He is amazing. The reason I was asking if ""he was out for long is my Ambilobe will do a really cool Yellow transformation. I only see it when he has warmed up in the sun. He goes really dark then does the Yellow thing. I never see it unless he has been basking.

For those that haven't taken their chameleons out into the sunlight the really need to... right Ryan?! The difference is dramatic. Now that this boy is maturing, his color is really starting to come through. Lately he has been turning yellow/red after about 20 - 30 minutes of being outside. But like you noted... it's only when he is outside. He has the most color change of any of our chameleons. I don't see this guy dark unless he is cold or the first few seconds of him coming out of his indoor cage (he is a little leery). When he is sleeping hs is a bright red... I'll take some pictures tonight.

Now if he would just mate with our girl... she seems receptive... he wants to, but they don't do "it." I think I'll try showing him another male tomorrow and see if that sparks his curiousity in being with a lady. I suppose it will happen when they want it to. ;)

He looks exactly like his dad! Very nice!

Does Cesar get that solid red/orange when he is with a lady or REALLY upset? I can't believe the variations in color of this chameleon. I'm glad bbqandtinyb brought him home... I still remember the day I walked in the house and noticed a light on in an empty cage and Marty staring at me wondering what I was doing in HIS house. :D

Marty is still looking good! Id like to see him extremely mad again.:D Any chance you can get one of those shots?

-Clemonde

Marty is still looking good! Id like to see him extremely mad again.:D Any chance you can get one of those shots?

-Clemonde

I've only seen him like that once before but we'll try to replicate the situation he was in to get more detailed pictures with the fancy new camera.

Back
Top Bottom