Marks on skin

johnandlyn

Hi everyone im hoping someone can put my mind at rest iv got a yemen chameleon shes female and is around 2 years old and iv noticed she has got some orange marks on her she is eatin normal and drinkin normal she is also getting round her enclosure fine i cant figure out how to upload a pic if you need anymore info let me no thanks any help will put my mind at rest

Pictures would be great. Females will get orange marks and some blue spots as well when they are receptive. So she may be real close to being receptive.
Lance

It doesnt sound like anything is wrong... i would think its just part of her colors? Just post a picture some one on here will tell you if its normal lol

What do you mean receptive and do i do anythink?

It means, that if you were trying to breed your chameleons this would be the time that you would put them together- she'll produce eggs soon. I'm haven't bred my chameleons (like most people here) so I'm no expert on what your supposed to do- but I believe what is best for her is to lay as few eggs as possible, and at this point it would be beneficial to her to cut her meals down in size until she lays, it should cause her to produce less eggs, so it will be less stress on her body.

But a breeders' opinion is far better than mine! this is just from what I've read, and a lot of what I read was a little confusing :confused:

Receptive means she's ready to mate. She'll show those brown/orange markings along with blue spots. I posted about receptive colourings a while ago: https://www.chameleonforums.com/colours-adult-female-receptive-22063/ Here's Lily's markings as an example:
FemaleColours150309.jpg

Back
Top Bottom