Mark on chameleon skin

Grasstrees1

When feeding my bearded pygmy I noticed a beetle grub had wrapped itself around the chameleon's tail. I got it off and then noticed limpet shapes on the tail like white blisters. I assumed it was the skin reacting to the grubs bites.

This evening and two weeks later I notice another of these limpet blister shapes on the side of the body and it appears that the area around this lump is reacting. I have looked through an eye glass to check that it isn't a parasite or something but it appears to be part of the chameleon's skin. It's like a white head pimple.

Has anyone encountered this before and if o what should I do?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 183
Thanks for posting the answer to the problem.
You never know how many people can be helped in the future because you took the time to add the answer.

I don't know much about mites though I recall reading that the skin irritation they cause can lead to fungal or bacterial skin infections.
Do you now have to take measures to eliminate mites from the enclosure?

I have bought callington mite spray and will clean the enclosure thoroughly as I have noticed others. While I was able to sweep them off the chameleons with a hand lens I'm not sure i have got them all.

Back
Top Bottom