Male Veiled with disintrest in food

Veiledviscorous

Vis is almost 7 months old, and recently I've noticed that he hasn't been eating, or at least I haven't seen him eat at all in the last three days. I've been misting his cage regularly, and I'm kinda worried. He's still vivacious and active, but I'm still worried. I recently put a Hibiscus in his cage ( A day and a half ago) so it's kind of hard for me to see his defication, so I don't know if he's been pooping or not. Any suggesstions as to how I can insure my Monster's eating and still okay?

What are you feeding him? If you always feed him crickets then he might be tired of eating them and is purposely refusing them

Crickets with meal worms for treats. He should at least be eating the mealies, he hasn't had any in a couple of weeks. I'll try and get him some small silkworms this time around or something.

mealworms have alot of chitin in them. so it is hard for them to digest. if they are backed up, they usually don't want to eat much. when was the last time he pooped? also phoenix worms have a high amount of chitin in them as well, but i don't think as high as mealies, could be wrong, try superworms instead of mealies instead. and if you can, try to look for the pale or light colored superworm first. they had just molted and will be much easier and softer for him to eat.

Yeah dont feed mealworms, to hard of an exoskeleton. Other worms you could try are butterworms, waxworms, pheonix worms, hornworms etc...

I agree that you should be offering a more varied diet.
Male veileds just do this once in awhile though. I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom