Male or Female?

Callum1168

Can any one help me with the colour of my cham? Is it possible to say what colour it will be when older ?
Also is it a male of female?
i have no idea of the age either

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 221
Your first pic tells me female...I don't see any type of bulge near his/her vent (anus) and the colors tell me that it's a female aswell.

I have no idea what locale she is, but i am positive shes a panther chameleon :) If i had to guess i'd say she looks 5-6 months old.

Another member will most likely chime in soon and give you a better idea of what you have. Female panthers are very tricky, it's easier if you knew who their parents were :)

Whatever she may be, she's a beaut!!!! i love the greens/whites!

Last edited:
If you get a clear pic of the tail base I will sex him/her for you, I am leaning towards female from what I can see.I won't be Ambanja we don't really get them in the uk an the ones we do generally aren't to good, and I'd say around 4-5 months old

take a close up pic of its back feet,,,,males have a little extra hook on the back!!!

This rule doesn't work for panthers I'm afraid. You need a good shot of the tail base to check for a bulge. My complete and utter GUESS would be male as female panthers usually get more of a dusky pink colour and your Cham looks like its getting greens. That's just a guess though :)

I'm going with Angie and saying male, I've never seen that much green on a female. If you can get a picture of the profile of the tail base, you'll get a more reliable answer.

I'm thinking male too, but we need better pic (base of a tale). He(she?) have nice lime green bars, rather unusual.

heres some more pics< thanks for all the replys :)

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 170
I kind of see a little bulge...Might be a late bloomer. I still think it's a female.

I'm kind of on the fence with 50/50 lol. See what others say. But pic 2, i can see a slight bulge :)

I'm going to go against the grain and say female. Almost certain of it.

Also, please reconsider how you title your posts in the future. "Help" posts are usually reserved for emergency related topics. For example, this thread could have better been titled, "Please help identify my Cham" or "Male or Female".

I'm not a mod, it just assists members in finding and sorting out the posts with chams that may need prompt responses. Thanks!

I kind of see a little bulge...Might be a late bloomer. I still think it's a female.

I'm kind of on the fence with 50/50 lol. See what others say. But pic 2, i can see a slight bulge :)

What do the experts go by? "90% of maybes are females".

I don't see a bulge, but the colors look boyish... I'm not an expert sorry couldn't be much help.
If that's a girl, she is stunning!

You have a female chameleon. 100%. You can tell by the duller colours (although for a female she is REALLY bright and pretty) and the lack of a hemipenal bulge and smaller rostral process.

I need to reiterate the need that if you can’t offer solid reasons to support your conclusion, then please don’t post. It is crucial the owner know the sex of the chameleon they are trying to care for and not get confused by people making guesses.

I changed the thread title for you and moved it to the identification forum.

Back
Top Bottom