New keeper here!

So piggy backing off previous thread- we had company in over the weekend, she ate 4 or 5 medium crickets Saturday, none yesterday and she stayed in the same plant, same spot ALL day yesterday, totally black and didn't eat (I didn't try feeding her). I fed her today, 4 medium crickets but she ate from her lower plant she's been in. I checked previous plant for eggs, didn't find any but haven't checked the lay bin yet because I have to remove everything to get it out, don't want to further stress her. She had a giant poop on Friday and looked much thinner after. Should I be concerned that she didn't come out at all yesterday and hasn't come out yet today?
Any sand on her? any visual signs of digging? How does she physically look today? Eyes still full or has there been a change?

Any sand on her? any visual signs of digging? How does she physically look today? Eyes still full or has there been a change?
No signs of digging, she repositioned herself to eat then right back in. Still looks good I think. Nothing on her face.

Attachments

• 20240304_132458.jpg
    20240304_132458.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240304_132559.jpg
    20240304_132559.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240304_132541.jpg
    20240304_132541.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240304_132939.jpg
    20240304_132939.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 13
Has she been hiding like this consistently since you got her or just in the last few days?
No, she explored a lot previously, high and low. When feeding her Saturday she stepped on the cricket bowl and it didn't support her weight so that may have spooked her but she didn't fall or anything like that. It was after that she climbed down to where she is now, hasn't come out since except edging out to eat today then right back in

No, she explored a lot previously, high and low. When feeding her Saturday she stepped on the cricket bowl and it didn't support her weight so that may have spooked her but she didn't fall or anything like that. It was after that she climbed down to where she is now, hasn't come out since except edging out to eat today then right back in
K see how she does tomorrow. She may very well have been spooked. Right now eyes look good. Color is pretty dark but not abnormal if she is stressed.

Back
Top Bottom