Male or Female??

Looking to get a panther. Wondering Male or Female? Can you tell early like you can in veilds? Also what locale do you reccomend for a beginer? cant be too expensive :cool: Sorryfor all the questions:D

Panther chameleons can usually not be sexed until around 3 months of age when the colors start to develop a little as well as the man bits. Veileds can be sexed right of the egg usually. If I were to pick a sex, I would say a male so you don’t have to deal with the issues that go along with egg laying.
As for as locale, that is up to what colors you like

Panther chameleons can usually not be sexed until around 3 months of age when the colors start to develop a little as well as the man bits. Veileds can be sexed right of the egg usually. If I were to pick a sex, I would say a male so you don’t have to deal with the issues that go along with egg laying.
As for as locale, that is up to what colors you like
Can you give me some rough ideas of prices for different locales?

It really depends on who/where you buy from. Generally you get what you pay for. From a quality breeder expect to pay 200-300.

You can search the Chameleons For Sale section of this forum to get an idea or go onto Kingsnake. I reccomend Captive Bred (CB) as opposed to Wild Caught (WC) .

Price is a loaded question. Sometimes you can get a really good deal if the animal has a kinked tail or some other minor 'defect'.

Better get an idea of the pricing for all of the equipment you are going to need. Some websites/sponsors such as Florida Chams have 'packages' that you can get 99% of what you need. LL Reptiles is another one.

Check out chameleon websites as well. NW Chameleons, Screameleons, FL Chams, Tiki Tiki, Pam's Chams...We have a Sponsor site too, check them out.

Gobs on info on this site. Use the Search (module) Luke! :D

Frankly,

Most who have been buyers of any experience know that one does not often get what you pay for. I thoroughly encourage savvy buyers, but a higher price point would not be a qualifier to any advice I would give as to what constitutes a good buy. Not trying to bag on you or anything Chad :rolleyes:

If you looking for an animal thats healthly at a competetive price. Not to mention often sold at an age you can tell what its going to look like. Go with the Chameleon Company. Great animals at great prices, bottom line.

Woah ...

Thanks for the plug, but let me state first and foremost that there are many within the business who will give you value for your money, and Chad is at the top of the list (with me and others :)) You can buy from Chad with confidence, and if I remotely implied otherwise, I erred. I did feel that his price-point guideline was innacurate, and a poor indication of value analysis.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom