Veiled casque question

Sparky93

Just curious as I love when they have huge casque, is it genetics or does diet/uvb play a big role in casque size? I know the females don’t get as big, I have a 10 month old male, wondering what I can do to foster maximum casque size ? Also is there an age it develops more? His dad had a mega casque his is what I would guess to be average for his size

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 34
Hey there, casque size is genetic. But just because you see a sire with a huge casque this does not guarantee that all males from that sire will have one as well. Because you have the females genes as well to account for and what her lineage was. Of course the healthier they are and the more on point husbandry is will allow for them to achieve their full potential.

Hey there, casque size is genetic. But just because you see a sire with a huge casque this does not guarantee that all males from that sire will have one as well. Because you have the females genes as well to account for and what her lineage was. Of course the healthier they are and the more on point husbandry is will allow for them to achieve their full potential.
Thank you so much for the information and taking the time to respond! Makes total sense

Back
Top Bottom