Making my own

hawaiianice99

My neighbor had this old cabinet/shelf thingy in her garage and she said she wanted it gone so i took it. I new the minute i looked at it i could turn this thing into a nice looking enclosure, so this weekend i am going to pretty busy. here is a before shot of what i am starting with. the plan is to keep the top and bottom shelf, knock out the middle and turn it into the new boys room.the dimensions of the actuall enclosure will be 38x33x16 (HxWxD). should be fun, let me know what you think.

Picture.jpg

update- screening is completely done! i just threw in some extra stuff i had laying around for now im gonna go pick up some plants tomarrow.

-And if anybody was wondering what is in the tank next to the setup its my yearling ball python.

Picture112.jpg

Picture115.jpg

I added some plants today, tomarrow i will be done, just need a couple more vines. whatcha think? Not bad for a neighbors old liquor cabinet.

Picture120.jpg

That is very nice. Where does the basking lamp go?

One of my husband's computer magazines, Maximum PC, has a monthly contest for best home made computer case- contest is called "Rig of the Month". We could maybe do it one time here on the forum. Your's would make a great entry.

Nice! That thing is sweet. Have you thought about drainage? Looks like rigging a nice built in misting system with drainage would be a piece of cake. Nice Job man! (golf clap).

~Joe

That looks really cool.

You might not want to keep items that can be easily damaged by water underneath it, though. Even with a good drainage pan, things can happen.

Nice! That thing is sweet. Have you thought about drainage? Looks like rigging a nice built in misting system with drainage would be a piece of cake. Nice Job man! (golf clap).

~Joe

That looks really cool.

You might not want to keep items that can be easily damaged by water underneath it, though. Even with a good drainage pan, things can happen.

ya i am trying to figure out how i can my own drainage pan, not quite sure yet. the bottom is sealed tight, no problems yet but i am in the makes of figuring something out the help drainage.
Anybody got any ideas? I will figure something out, Im pretty crafty if you cant tell.:D

You can use plexiglass on the bottom as well as about 3 or 4 inch up the sides, and use a aquarium silicone to seal it all up and afterwards, put in some marbles to find the low spot and thats where you would put your drain... drill some holes, hot-glue or silicone a funnel underneath and add hose to a bucket in the rear and Bobs Your Uncle! Drainage a la crafty!

Back
Top Bottom