Lump on head and tail!

Stacey5089

This is my female veiled chameleon, she is around 5 years old, I noticed these lumps yesterday does anyone know what they could be? She's eating, drinking and seems absolutely fine, she's not in any pain when I touch them I will be phoning the vet tomorrow I just thought I would check to see what people think? I have included pictures of both the one on her head and the tail base and just a picture of her in general, hope this helps:)
DSC_0491.JPG
DSC_0499.JPG
DSC_0495.JPG

Could be a fungal infection, could be from a supplement imbalance. I would suggest you take her to a reptile vet to get checked out. Good luck

I think, because there is more than one of these lumps you should have a vet try to aspirate or biopsy one. Could be abscesses, something viral, fungal, or even a tumor. She's an elderly lady at this age.

Thanks for the reply, I hope they aren't anything to serious like tumors, I know female chameleons don't usually live as long as males but chamelia has never layed any eggs so I assumed with her not going through any of that stress she would basically live just as long as a male, the 2 lumps don't look the same, the one on her head is mint green the same as her and has a kind of hole in the middle, where as the one on her tail is white and much smaller, but I will phone the vet tomorrow and make an appointment to find out what is wrong with her.

She's looking good for her age aside from the two lumps!! Your husbandry must be good! She should be able to live a couple more years if all goes well.
There are several possibilities as to what the lumps are so a vet visit is a good idea IMHO.

Thankyou she is in great condition, she's always been very strong and had a really good grip and she still has, the last time I took her to the vet she made him bleed grabbing onto his finger really tight he said she was very strong and it's nice to see a chameleon in this condition usually the ones he sees are very ill, so hopefully it's something that can be fixed and she makes a full recovery:) I will post an update when I have been to the vets.

She looks great, I hope it's something easy to deal with and she continues to live another few years for you. It's so nice to see a female that has lived to be so old and in such great condition. <3

I think it's definitely down to her never laying, I had a female panther who wasn't so lucky, she was only around 2 and a half when she died due to her clutches being far to close together that she never had time to fully recover before it happened again:-( I was so glad that chamelia never laid any eggs after a few years of having her and I just hoped it stayed that way and it did thank God, I don't think I would ever get a female reptile again I also had bearded dragons who had problems with eggs it's heartbreaking!

Hopefully you get good news. :) She looks great and at least she's still acting normally. The spot on the tail looks like some of the papallioma spots I've seen in other forum members' threads.

Back
Top Bottom