Veiled chameleon Lump on lip

Merrychris

My veiled chameleon Beau has a lump on her right lower lip. She's had it for as long as I can recall, but it used to be so much smaller that it just looked like her lip was slightly thicker there. It's just recently that it seems to have gotten noticeably bigger. I'd really appreciate any advice on the matter or if anyone recognizes what it is
20230503_162205.jpg
20230503_162037.jpg

Hi and welcome. Does she seem to have any reluctance or seem to have any problems eating? Taking her to vet would be best. They can remove it to help ease any current or future problems and to confirm a diagnosis, can do a biopsy.

Hi and welcome. Does she seem to have any reluctance or seem to have any problems eating? Taking her to vet would be best. They can remove it to help ease any current or future problems and to confirm a diagnosis, can do a biopsy.
Thanks for the reply. She hasn't shown any concerning behavior or issues with it so far, appetite has been normal.

Taking her to a vet that actually knows reptiles would be important. Because of the location you do not want to risk further issues especially if it is growing in size. If it is an abscess you then have to worry about further mouth infection like mouth rot.

Back
Top Bottom