Lou comes home today from the vet, excited...

He was wanting him to stay to see if the mass in his stomach would pass since it was moving down his tract but that I can take him in for that, no more drop offs or over nights. Only directly seeing him.
Already since being home he was moving around and then wanting me to hold him, I just got to figure out this damn leg wound and the sores of on his feet.

Poor babe :( pictures of original wound can snap pic when I wake him up tomorrow... now it’s bloody but you can see skin and such kind of layering on top but busted

I don’t know if this will be of any help to you. It suggests cleaning wounds with povidone iodine or chlorhexidine, both of which will kill newly forming cells, so I’d stick with tap water or dilute saline. It does mention manuka honey as being okay. It’s hard to keep that stuff on a wound though and a dressing would help. I know it’s in a bad place and he isn’t going to sit still long enough for you to apply a tiny non-stick dressing though.
https://www.awrc.org.au/uploads/5/8/6/6/5866843/nwcc-vella-040726.pdf

I don’t know if this will be of any help to you. It suggests cleaning wounds with povidone iodine or chlorhexidine, both of which will kill newly forming cells, so I’d stick with tap water or dilute saline. It does mention manuka honey as being okay. It’s hard to keep that stuff on a wound though and a dressing would help. I know it’s in a bad place and he isn’t going to sit still long enough for you to apply a tiny non-stick dressing though.
https://www.awrc.org.au/uploads/5/8/6/6/5866843/nwcc-vella-040726.pdf
I was doing diluted iodine with polysporin before taking him in. Then to the vet recommendation. Man this is it today, you can see where growth is trying to happen but it just won’t heal. I feel he needs surgery. I’m taking him in for bloodwork tomorrow to see if there is something underlying that’s happening with him. :(

Today is a great day for Lou. I let him explore his redone enclosure and he explored the hell out of it before perching on a basking spot where he had a great poop. He is eating every day (can’t resist the horn worms) maybe one cricket, and pooping every other day.

I put the manuka honey on his black spot and holy shit today it is fading out and healing. I applied it again today along with applying it to sore spots he’s gotten since being grounded in his hospital tub. I went ahead and added some driftwood in it to utilize his arms and legs more in different positions.

I’ve been working my tail off and plan on setting up the mistking before his vet appt on Monday. Today is a damn good day. One of his arms is still swollen but not so much, looking forward to consulting with this other vet to get their opinion and where to go from here. I imagine bloodwork will be done, so I am trying to make him happy and spoil him before I take him in.

Today is a great day for Lou. I let him explore his redone enclosure and he explored the hell out of it before perching on a basking spot where he had a great poop. He is eating every day (can’t resist the horn worms) maybe one cricket, and pooping every other day.

I put the manuka honey on his black spot and holy shit today it is fading out and healing. I applied it again today along with applying it to sore spots he’s gotten since being grounded in his hospital tub. I went ahead and added some driftwood in it to utilize his arms and legs more in different positions.

I’ve been working my tail off and plan on setting up the mistking before his vet appt on Monday. Today is a damn good day. One of his arms is still swollen but not so much, looking forward to consulting with this other vet to get their opinion and where to go from here. I imagine bloodwork will be done, so I am trying to make him happy and spoil him before I take him in.

Thats awesome news!! I put the honey on a cut on my husbands hobbit feet, cant wait to see if it makes them pretty! :LOL:

You should check out monkey and lanai vines. I have some for sale but thats not a sales plug lol. I love the stuff and bought a bunch to pick what works in my cages. They are really bendy so you can kinda climb and rest at the same time. I wish I could find it in 4’ lengths, I’s use it everywhere.

Thats awesome news!! I put the honey on a cut on my husbands hobbit feet, cant wait to see if it makes them pretty! :LOL:

You should check out monkey and lanai vines. I have some but its not a sales plug lol. They are really bendy so you can kinda climb and rest at the same time. I wish I could find it in 4’ lengths, I’s use it everywhere.

Oh and rhe Mist King is easy to set up, just double check every connection before test run (you just push it in snuggly). Then check them all during a test. I wish i got one a long time ago - so great!

Heres some lanai in clarice’s cage. She sleeps on the curved/flat nooks.

E21C8042-F244-4583-ADC2-DF0D3E3A596F.jpeg

You should check out monkey and lanai vines. I have some for sale but thats not a sales plug lol. I love the stuff and bought a bunch to pick what works in my cages. They are really bendy so you can kinda climb and rest at the same time. I wish I could find it in 4’ lengths, I’s use it everywhere.
WHere do I find this? He definitely needs more branches

YAYY!!!!

Got off work and finally home. Was trying to be sneaky and mist his tub lightly while he slept and he kind of woke up and pooped? Then fell back asleep. He pooped twice today. This one super white urates and the gooey from the hornworms.

Gently moved him away from the damn towel and he is zonked out. Weird, never seen him wake up to poop, but I also never used to be so much of a stalker to him. I am glad he’s uh regular now, healthy white urates finally after lingering orange from earlier today.

Probably shoudnt be so fascinated by his wonderful bowel movement but I am proud and might of had two glasses of wine.

Back
Top Bottom