Lost my pfeffer's

Monties1982

Avid Member
My Pfeffer's chameleon, Pfred died over the weekend. I was totally surprised by it. I hadn't noticed him acting sick at all, but Sunday morning I found him dead in the bottom of his cage. I'm bummed, he was the jewel of my collection.

Hmm....What do you think? Was that a normal life-span? Do you think he was "old" or it was something else? I'm still trying to get eggs out of my wc's while they're with me....

Hmm....What do you think? Was that a normal life-span? Do you think he was "old" or it was something else? I'm still trying to get eggs out of my wc's while they're with me....
I have heard rumors that pfeffer's don't live very long, so maybe he was just old, but I'm really not sure. I wonder if he might have had a parasite problem, though. When I picked him up off the bottom of his cage, I noticed what looked like worms around his vent area. They weren't moving, though, so I don't know for sure that that's what it was. I also noticed a while back that he had a swollen spot on his face. I kept an eye on it and it seemed to have gotten better on it's own and I looked in his mouth and didn't see any sores or anything, but maybe he had an infection. I can't say whether or not he had stopped eating because he would never eat in front of me and in the year I had him, I never saw him eat a single time.

Back
Top Bottom