Lord Helmet still hasn't laid eggs and holding tail up

DUSCRAFT

I've been giving her calcium supplements. She still hasn't laid any eggs yet. I was just wondering why she's holding her tail straight up on occasions. She has been eating lately so that's good. Any info would be great thanks a lot.

what kind of chameleon?

how do you know she has eggs?

was she bred? if so, when?

how old is she?

is this her first clutch?

what size laying container do you have for her?

what laying substrate do you have for her?

is she left alone to lay (no traffic, no other animals peering in on her)?

what was your supplement schedule before now?

what kind of calcium supplements are you giving her?

have pictures of her?

This is her first clutch, she has not been bred, she is about 7 months old, the vet took x-rays, we feed her dusted and gut loaded crickets and super worms, her cage is exactly what it needs to be (I've already made sure of everything by the local herpetologist and on the forums) and we have a big laying bin in her enclosure as well as another larger one outside of her cage that we cover if she starts acting different ha ha, the bin has wet (but not soaked) clean play sand and we make a starter hole for her to give her a hint.

just a added suggestion. in your lay bin put a few vines and a piece of drift wood. this is not needed but i do it.

how deep is your sand?

pictures? can you see the eggs bulging?

None of my female panthers will lay in straight sand. They will dig up their plant or drop their eggs and have in past if I put just sand in the bin. I have to add some topsoil or just good ole dirt from the back yard in with the sand and they get in it much sooner. Another tip is to lay some sphagnum moss ontop of the soil/sand mix after running hot tap water over it and that usually gets good results. Adding the warm moss just before the lights come on in the morning should give her some incentive to dig provided she is ready. Hope this helps and good luck with your female. Always a little stressful with gravid girls that wait until the last minute to lay their eggs.

Back
Top Bottom