Looking for a Chameleon for a student project video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s tryna make a video on husbandry... All of you take this stuff too serious. Sometimes I appreciate the Helpful Insight, but most of the times I find it annoying how people pretty much Disrespect one another. Just cause we don’t agree how some owners are different, there is no need to Be rude or name call. Everybody is different. We all Human Beings, Peace and Love to all.

Yeah -- you've posted this same sentiment many times and I get it, but humans aren't all peace and love -- some people are neglectful and irresponsible - not saying the OP is at all -- but I'm not gonna put someone's personal regulated or irregulated emotions over the wellbeing of an animal that can't say "please stop. I don't like this."

I don’t think he’s tryna make a video on husbandry... All of you take this stuff too serious. Sometimes I appreciate the Helpful Insight, but most of the times I find it annoying how people pretty much Disrespect one another. Just cause we don’t agree how some owners are different, there is no need to Be rude or name call. Everybody is different. We all Human Beings, Peace and Love to all.
No one was being rude, and no one was name calling. Yet. Let me start. You're an idiot.
This person may not be making a video on husbandry, but they are making a video on chams. Misrepresentation of chameleons is the reason there are so many chams dying in Petco every day. It is the reason little girls are getting chams for their bday, because they saw tangled and they want a cute little cham that will sit on their shoulder and go everywhere with them. Misrepresentation of chameleons is the single most dangerous thing to chameleons today.
No one was being rude to OP. They were begging OP to consider a different course for their project. A video of chameleons husbandry would be an awesome way to help debunk myths about chams and hopefully get people more educated. If anything, the responses to OP were trying to help OP more than anything.
You may think that everyone here is being "too serious", but I think you're not taking it seriously enough. Bro.

No one was being rude, and no one was name calling. Yet. Let me start. You're an idiot.
This person may not be making a video on husbandry, but they are making a video on chams. Misrepresentation of chameleons is the reason there are so many chams dying in Petco every day. It is the reason little girls are getting chams for their bday, because they saw tangled and they want a cute little cham that will sit on their shoulder and go everywhere with them. Misrepresentation of chameleons is the single most dangerous thing to chameleons today.
No one was being rude to OP. They were begging OP to consider a different course for their project. A video of chameleons husbandry would be an awesome way to help debunk myths about chams and hopefully get people more educated. If anything, the responses to OP were trying to help OP more than anything.
You may think that everyone here is being "too serious", but I think you're not taking it seriously enough. Bro.

Peace and love to you. I hope you find peace from whatever is bothering, if calling me an idiot makes you happy, go for it, I only wish the best for you and your family.

Guys, don't let Wizard rile you up. One of their favorite hobbies seems to be insulting us and misunderstanding the difference between being rude and reasonable criticisms. Sometimes chiming in before anyone even says anything to "warn" new members about how awful we all are all the time

Funny how I wasn't even the one that brought it up, It was our new member that some of you made him/her feel not welcomed. He brought it up. It's always the same people too. You guys have a group dedicated to that. Why do you think New Members don't stick around? My guess is because they feel welcomed here. Tell me how many NEW MEMBERS have become MEMBERS or ESTABLISHED MEMBER? I think I was the last one. IDC if all you team up against me, My Ideology, Logic, and Ethics won't change. Have a Nice Day all =)

This has gotten extremely off-topic, moderately entertaining as it is! Makes for good bus reading material, since I'm stuck here anyway. :coffee:

@Nydiam2020 - If I actually lived anywhere near you (I'm in Canada) I'd be happy to educate you about chameleons and offer up my girl to walk along a stick for you! Lily's very calm, and not overly bothered by people as long as she gets a treat at the end of it. I don't feel like she'd be negatively impacted, though each cham is absolutely an individual and I can't speak for everyone! Bonus points if the end product is educational. :)

... Why do you think New Members don't stick around? My guess is because they feel welcomed here. Tell me how many NEW MEMBERS have become MEMBERS or ESTABLISHED MEMBER? I think I was the last one....

I'm not too familiar with your postings or style Wiz and don't even think you said anything here in this thread that's too provacative. But if your main interest is mostly keeping track of how long new members stay and are treated, rather than actual chameleon care...Then maybe this place isn't for you?

I'm not too familiar with your postings or style Wiz and don't even think you said anything here in this thread that's too provacative. But if your main interest is mostly keeping track of how long new members stay and are treated, rather than actual chameleon care...Then maybe this place isn't for you?
Point was, How are we supposed to educate people, when they don’t stick around. This is the best site, that I’ve found, that’s actually helpful. I want people to stick around and get educated while being an enjoyable day experience. It’s not that I keep track, I’m here everyday, I notice stuff like that, tbh It makes me sad.

@Thatwizard420 - you made me do it. I'm pulling out the pictures!

And Lily doing her bat impression, for good measure:

Point was, How are we supposed to educate people, when they don’t stick around. This is the best site, that I’ve found, that’s actually helpful. I want people to stick around and get educated while being an enjoyable day experience. It’s not that I keep track, I’m here everyday, I notice stuff like that, tbh It makes me sad.

I think you raise good points.
But it’s like this, there’s gonna be some Simon Cowels giving critiques and some Paula’s.
But I care about my chameleons more than I care what others think of me. You do too. That’s why we take the advice and forget that for a few minutes here and there we suffer the sting of being notified of our mistakes. That’s what makes people successful, understanding that at times we fail and will have to admit it to move forward.
It doesn’t feel good, and you want to hate the person that made you realize you were doing something that wasn’t working UNTIL...
You realize that by not being petty and getting hung up you stepped up and saved your chameleons life like a boss.
And the newbies that have had the humility to just listen and change rather than getting defensive have stayed and saved their chameleons. So I say stay on here and be a Paula if you want to help balance it out.
Growing hurts but we can be a family here, everyone is different. Different ages and maturity levels. Some carry the sting of having lost chameleons and some are especially sensitive to newbies. We need everyone.

I feel like you are always trying to slam everyone. What good does that do? I have not seen people leaving... And I actually do pay attention to that. No one here was mean to the OP. We encouraged an accurate display of what these animals are.

You say we take things too seriously... How do you not take the care of animals seriously? It is not a game, it is a life. They have no ability to provide for themselves. I wish you would step up and take an active roll of helping people rather then just chiming in and spreading a sense of fear to the newbies. I keep trying to be open to you and every time you turn around and slam the members. I just do not understand the point of it.

You have been here since the end of May. I was one of the people that reached out to provide help on your first help thread. I then provided help on the following two threads you posted. So I just do not get why you always feel that we are such horrible people when we have been a resource and shared our knowledge with you freely.

I do not care to argue or fight with you. I am dealing with my own stress right now and do not have the energy. I just wish you would be a member of the forum that give back instead of fighting non stop with everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom