Looking for a Chameleon for a student project video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like you are always trying to slam everyone. What good does that do? I have not seen people leaving... And I actually do pay attention to that. No one here was mean to the OP. We encouraged an accurate display of what these animals are.

You say we take things too seriously... How do you not take the care of animals seriously? It is not a game, it is a life. They have no ability to provide for themselves. I wish you would step up and take an active roll of helping people rather then just chiming in and spreading a sense of fear to the newbies. I keep trying to be open to you and every time you turn around and slam the members. I just do not understand the point of it.

You have been here since the end of May. I was one of the people that reached out to provide help on your first help thread. I then provided help on the following two threads you posted. So I just do not get why you always feel that we are such horrible people when we have been a resource and shared our knowledge with you freely.

I do not care to argue or fight with you. I am dealing with my own stress right now and do not have the energy. I just wish you would be a member of the forum that give back instead of fighting non stop with everyone here.
I’m over it

I'm also seiing a repetitive trend on this site, where certain members feel self entitled to be rude and insulting but calls everybody else out on it.

Last edited:
I’m over it

When these topics get a bit off of the mark, many get passionate about their responses. So do I at times. However the eventual outcome is usually one of educating those who truly want knowledge. Not to call you out specifically, but the response you are getting now is likely from a post of yours that warned someone that just the type of question they asked would bring the wrath of the CF mob down upon them. What type of response did you expect from that? This community is one of the best for information and support, and even though it can get heated from time to time, a few instances do not make this forum as bad as you make it out to be. By bringing these things up in multiple posts you are probably just stirring the pot to get a reaction. Hopefully the community does not take the bait.

The OP wasn’t run off either. They may or may not have liked the answers, but they will decide.

When these topics get a bit off of the mark, many get passionate about their responses. So do I at times. However the eventual outcome is usually one of educating those who truly want knowledge. Not to call you out specifically, but the response you are getting now is likely from a post of yours that warned someone that just the type of question they asked would bring the wrath of the CF mob down upon them. What type of response did you expect from that? This community is one of the best for information and support, and even though it can get heated from time to time, a few instances do not make this forum as bad as you make it out to be. By bringing these things up in multiple posts you are probably just stirring the pot to get a reaction. Hopefully the community does not take the bait.

The OP wasn’t run off either. They may or may not have liked the answers, but they will decide.
Like I said, I’m over it. I speak my mind, some like it, some don’t. In all honesty, at the end of the day, I don’t care what any of you think, or say. :)
Have a good day. Peace and love to all.

Like I said, I’m over it. I speak my mind, some like it, some don’t. In all honesty, at the end of the day, I don’t care what any of you think, or say. :)
Have a good day. Peace and love to all.

Exactly. Not caring. Many here speak their mind and they likely don’t care either.

Being over it doesn’t mean you are right. A different tone could actually lead to great discussions. I have actually called quite a few out for this. Hope you and others can see how the forums can be even better with respect for everyone. Being over it means not bothering anymore. Your choice.

No one was being rude, and no one was name calling. Yet. Let me start. You're an idiot.
This person may not be making a video on husbandry, but they are making a video on chams. Misrepresentation of chameleons is the reason there are so many chams dying in Petco every day. It is the reason little girls are getting chams for their bday, because they saw tangled and they want a cute little cham that will sit on their shoulder and go everywhere with them. Misrepresentation of chameleons is the single most dangerous thing to chameleons today.
No one was being rude to OP. They were begging OP to consider a different course for their project. A video of chameleons husbandry would be an awesome way to help debunk myths about chams and hopefully get people more educated. If anything, the responses to OP were trying to help OP more than anything.
You may think that everyone here is being "too serious", but I think you're not taking it seriously enough. Bro.
How terrible! There is an argument to be made -if the idea is to argue- Chameleons don't belong to homes and many of them don't even belong to America... True or false? Ignorance has being the origin of this argument, to be more precise, my ignorance is at the root of this, now I feel responsible for getting people to call each other idiot :( HOW HORRIBLE! The worse about ignorance is the anger that it generates, which is precisely the fuel that guarantees it perpetuation.

I realize the OP was run off long ago but even if you did find one near you it’s never going to cooperate. It’s just not what they do.
Actually, I was just busy working. I'm here and although I already modified my original idea to just have the chameleon walking from left to right for about 3 feet, people prefer to continue arguing in here. I'm afraid that I will have to simply go to PETCO... I'm just afraid of my inexperience but I don't see anyone here with any intention to help with what I need; I understand their reasons, I am not complaining or criticizing, it is just too much...

This has gotten extremely off-topic, moderately entertaining as it is! Makes for good bus reading material, since I'm stuck here anyway. :coffee:

@Nydiam2020 - If I actually lived anywhere near you (I'm in Canada) I'd be happy to educate you about chameleons and offer up my girl to walk along a stick for you! Lily's very calm, and not overly bothered by people as long as she gets a treat at the end of it. I don't feel like she'd be negatively impacted, though each cham is absolutely an individual and I can't speak for everyone! Bonus points if the end product is educational. :)
That is so kind of you, thanks so much. My best wishes for you and Lily.

THIS MAKES ME CRINGE !!!!!!!!!!!. I’m going to be as nice as I can . THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA . Chameleon are not toys and should never be shown as anything but what they are .

If you are doing this as a school project then please provide the correct info , teach others about these beautiful gems . Not miss info that will lead to stress and possibly death .

This forum is for correct keeping not Magic shows !!.
Magic show?? It is not my fault that video exists, I did not make it. I simply though it was true and as in many other social media material, it turned out to be false. I understand that now. I have also change my original idea and now all I need is the chameleon to walk a cross from left to right in a straight line (if possible) for about 3 feet. No mayor stress, color changing...

Magic show?? It is not my fault that video exists, I did not make it. I simply though it was true and as in many other social media material, it turned out to be false. I understand that now. I have also change my original idea and now all I need is the chameleon to walk a cross from left to right in a straight line (if possible) for about 3 feet. No mayor stress, color changing...

That was my point . I’m so very happy you understand the importance of learning , change , and teaching other that many of these video’s are faults . Well done . I wish you the very best on your project . Kristen .

How terrible! There is an argument to be made -if the idea is to argue- Chameleons don't belong to homes and many of them don't even belong to America... True or false? Ignorance has being the origin of this argument, to be more precise, my ignorance is at the root of this, now I feel responsible for getting people to call each other idiot :( HOW HORRIBLE! The worse about ignorance is the anger that it generates, which is precisely the fuel that guarantees it perpetuation.
I literally have no idea what you're trying to say in this comment... what does America or homes have to do with what I said?

I didn't read into all the drama but I want to say one thing in response to @Beman (last I read was page 2, just about the idiot thing) she's one of our nicer members here and I know didn't mean this as an insult. Was just taken the wrong way...

however, just for sake of discussion, if we're going to be upset about people firing up their chameleons, why is it okay then for mostly everyone to do it for a monthly photo contest? I'll admit to it even, my chams hated me even pointing a camera or phone at them, but I treat them well, a few minutes of displeasure won't do any damage to them lol. On the other hand, newbies see these Panthers and other chameleons bright and beautiful and think they're all like that 24/7. Truth is, that's photo skills #1 and #2 they're upset chameleons, leading to the bright colors. We also have breeders show their chams, they're almost always fired up colors. Don't get me wrong, I think once and a while to get a picture is alright or for the sake of education... it's getting them out there and showing people these beautiful creatures, but it's slightly deceptive in many cases of what they actually look like. They're all beautiful fired up or not, but just saying, most pics you see are of angry chameleons.

Just to add guys, we need to stop the gang mentality. I'm guilty of it at times too. I'm friends with many of you on here, but will not hesitate to disagree. I try to be civil though(not that I've succeeded many times lol) I'm not saying I agree or disagree with anything going on here. I didn't read the BS, but sometimes we will back people just because they are friends... I'm not saying go after each other, but have a discussion, see points on both sides. I totally agree with @Beman on her original comment, but I can see how it could be misconstrued(that happens a lot when you're reading text). I say it all the time, if we were all talking person, we'd probably never fight about anything!

Last edited:
To add to discussion @Daesie11 I think your points on the main issue hurting chameleons is actually the #2 issue. #1 would be cheap price. :)

Also, I see older members being run off more than newer members.

Lastly, we will be happy there are chameleons breeding in america when they go extinct from deforestation in Africa.

That's what I got out of reading this very entertaining thread. Dont know how I missed this gem. Love yinz

To add to discussion @Daesie11 I think your points on the main issue hurting chameleons is actually the #2 issue. #1 would be cheap price. :)

Also, I see older members being run off more than newer members.

Lastly, we will be happy there are chameleons breeding in america when they go extinct from deforestation in Africa.

That's what I got out of reading this very entertaining thread. Dont know how I missed this gem. Love yinz
I completely agree with you @jamest0o0 on the older members being run off . Boy did you hit that right on the head !!. Sorry I don’t mean to get off track I just had to agree (strongly agree) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom