Look Who Came TO My House....Is She A Nosy Be?

Sassy

Ok, So I am the adoptions coordinator for our reptile society and this beautiful girl came to me yesterday because her owners were moving to New York, of course I am her "Forever" home now, cause we've been looking for one for a long time. My question is.....Is she a Nosy Be?

I had no informatin given to me accept that she is about 2 yrs. old. I appreciate all the input :)

Thank You!

Attachments

• Calypso.jpg
    Calypso.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Calypso-1.jpg
    Calypso-1.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 137
What a cutie. I know that she will be happy with her new home and your excellent care. I know that someone will come up with an answer to your "who am I." I only know veileds.

There is not many ways to tell the Locale of a panther female. Although in Sambavas you do see the "U" bar very often. In this chameleons case however, there is no way.

Im glad to see if anyone else has any input :)

She is very nice though.

-Jake

What a cutie. I know that she will be happy with her new home and your excellent care. I know that someone will come up with an answer to your "who am I." I only know veileds.

I know we were in the market for a Veiled, then she came along :) Now I have a feeling that a young male is in our future LOL She looks VERY plump though, previous owner said she might be gravid, but they hadn't had her with a male for 9 mo or so.

She doesn't need a male to become gravid...make shure you put a egg laying container in her cage just in case.

Brian

WestCoast is right, Visibly there is really no way to guarantee the local of a female panther. Your best bet would be to inquire into her past as much as possible with the previous owner.

She doesn't need a male to become gravid...make shure you put a egg laying container in her cage just in case.

Brian

Thanks, yep I knew that - She's got a dig box and everything all set up for her :) Spoiled already, just like the others in the house LOL

Out of curiosity would it be a bad thing if I cou;dn't find out? Close friends of ours have a Male Blue Nosy Be and we were thinking we might let them mate once she settles in of course, no rush.....but I'd like to know what the best way is to determine her "locale" if I can't get a hold of the previous owner....
Thanks!

Wow if she is 9 months she has been on a high fat diet, I would say that she isn't gravid and that her previous owner fed her mostly super worms. Switch her over to a staple of crickets or roaches and she should do great. She looks good! As far as locale...I don't know...anyone who says they do will be subject to scrutiny.

-chris

Wow if she is 9 months she has been on a high fat diet, I would say that she isn't gravid and that her previous owner fed her mostly super worms. Switch her over to a staple of crickets or roaches and she should do great. She looks good! As far as locale...I don't know...anyone who says they do will be subject to scrutiny.

-chris

She is not 9 months old....she's about 2....she hasn't been with a male in 9 mo :) Anyway - thanks for the info - she downed a Goliath Worm this morning...and has been picking off her roaches one by one LOL so I think she's doing good :) I am so in love with her :p

Thanks everyone for your help - hopefully somehow I will figure out the mystery - at least Calypso will be spoiled like the princess she is :)

cute

I don't know really anything about chameleons because I only have a pygmy leaf and I'm a new mom:D but she looks really pretty. Congratulations!

I don't know really anything about chameleons because I only have a pygmy leaf and I'm a new mom:D but she looks really pretty. Congratulations!

I loved my Pygmy's but they don't seem to live too long :( bummed me out. Congrats on becoming a new mom, lord knows we need tons of patience!!! I have 2 boys LOL

Back
Top Bottom