Looking for a breeder.

GaijinLucas

Hello, my name is Lucas.

I am looking for breeders in the Netherlands, of course, because I want to get a chameleon to make company in the house and waste my time on him xD.
So I went to an exotic shop in Amsterdam, and they have a 4-month veiled chameleon. She seems so pretty I would love to get her.
But somebody told me that buying from these exotic pet stores might come with problems and stuff and that I should go look for breeders outside of the shops.

So give me your opinion and if you know any breeders around the Netherlands just tell me.
or else I have to get that baby and treat her nicely.

Hello, my name is Lucas.

I am looking for breeders in the Netherlands, of course, because I want to get a chameleon to make company in the house and waste my time on him xD.
So I went to an exotic shop in Amsterdam, and they have a 4-month veiled chameleon. She seems so pretty I would love to get her.
But somebody told me that buying from these exotic pet stores might come with problems and stuff and that I should go look for breeders outside of the shops.

So give me your opinion and if you know any breeders around the Netherlands just tell me.
or else I have to get that baby and treat her nicely.

Welcome to the forums! I know several breeders in the Netherlands but they don’t breed veileds and panthers. Most breed species that are hard to keep and wouldn’t be good for a first time keeper. The pets stores there might be better than the ones here in the US. Why don’t you post some photos here of the one that you like and we can tell you how she looks. Also, get a few pictures of the enclosure.

Welcome to the forums! I know several breeders in the Netherlands but they don’t breed veileds and panthers. Most breed species that are hard to keep and wouldn’t be good for a first time keeper. The pets stores there might be better than the ones here in the US. Why don’t you post some photos here of the one that you like and we can tell you how she looks. Also, get a few pictures of the enclosure.
https://www.kapwing.com/videos/64e7a46c8c7e040162ae5715

here follows the clip i made of her.

She is rly pretty for what ive noticed, im just scared that it might be sick or something worng ... her enclosure had 1 light a bush in the corner.
Kinda made me feel bad bc i have a good enclosure planned for her.

Very pretty girl. It looks like she is receptive. The females lay eggs without a male even being around and if they don’t have the appropriate laying bin they often become egg bound and die. 😢

Very pretty girl. It looks like she is receptive. The females lay eggs without a male even being around and if they don’t have the appropriate laying bin they often become egg bound and die. 😢
I promise I’ve read everything I should do and make for their better care. Didn’t saw anything on the laying bin…. All I saw was that if the enclosure gets warmer the body of the female will start producing eggs . Like a bunch of them and she gets egg bound. That’s I know. How could I make it better for her to lay the eggs?

I do agree with @jannb she does look receptive, but that doesn’t need to be a problem. I love my female veiled and the things that come with it. Once the husbandry is spot on it ain’t a problem. I would give her a chance, she looks healthy and she can be happy someone already dedicated to care of her. Great you’ve joined us in advance before purchasing her, normally it’s the other way around. Luckily there aren’t that much of breeders in the Netherlands and most animals will be healthy in the reptile stores.
We’re here to give you some good advice, just be careful the stores don’t sell you crap you don’t need.

So basically mean she need soil to burrow her eggs (even tho they are not fertilized). My enclosure for is going to be a bioactive one with actual soil in it. I guess I can place enough for her to burrow. Would that work?
My enclosures are also bioactive and my girl lays her eggs in it

I do agree with @jannb she does look receptive, but that doesn’t need to be a problem. I love my female veiled and the things that come with it. Once the husbandry is spot on it ain’t a problem. I would give her a chance, she looks healthy and she can be happy someone already dedicated to care of her. Great you’ve joined us in advance before purchasing her, normally it’s the other way around. Luckily there aren’t that much of breeders in the Netherlands and most animals will be healthy in the reptile stores.
We’re here to give you some good advice, just be careful the stores don’t sell you crap you don’t need.
For sure this a nice forum. And thanks.

For sure this a nice forum. And thanks.
The things I’m gonna buy from the store is her and basquing light dome. And some plants for the enclosure. The rest is all order bc it’s cheaper online. The soil, cage, uvb light…. Food (going for steep crickets and meal worms) but I might change the crickets if they are to much trouble to keep I’ll get rubia roaches. The misting and higrometer are all Wi-Fi controlled so I can see when I’m at work if everything is ok with her and set it from my phone everything.

This is music for my ears, listening that my idea might go right with her enclosure😩
As long as it‘s deep enough (min 20cm). Personally, when using a screen enclosure bioactive, I would place it on planter, so don’t loose inside space / height due the soil.

As long as it‘s deep enough (min 20cm). Personally, when using a screen enclosure bioactive, I would place it on planter, so don’t loose inside space / height due the soil.
Im gonna use a 40x40x76 mesh enclosure… my idea is leaving the top and front mesh open all the other sides are gonna get covered. Gonna cover the sides with measured acrilic plaques. Then do the decorating and stuff. Ik also ofc make water proof every side at the bottom.

Im gonna use a 40x40x76 mesh enclosure, unfortunately that's too small for a veiled. The bare minimum is 61x61x122 and yes stores will tell you it's big enough but it isn't. Once she's full grown, you'll notice it's too small.
Already checked this site for all basic information, this site has the most up-to-date and accurate information https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/

All info you'll find on Dutch websites is outdated

Back
Top Bottom