LLL vs ZooMed ReptiBreeze 2x2x4-foot cages

gideonus

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the ZooMed ReptiBreeze all screen cage. I currently have a 18x18x36" LLL all screen cage and need to upgrade to the big boy, 24x24x48". I check the LLL website and notice that they have not only their own version,which I've been generally pretty happy with, but one of the same size, but a bit more expensive, made by ZooMed, the RepiBreeze. The UVB hood on the Reptibreeze seems to be more custom made for the enclosure than the one for the LLL. Also, the description of the Reptibreeze shows a picture of the enclosure with the hood, but mentions no hood in the verbiage, nor is the hood shown separately under lighting in the LLL website.

Any thoughts?

The photo of the Zoo Med Repti Breeze is just directly from Zoo Med. We are working on new photos of those, and of our own cages over the next week. Hopefully some better ones soon. The Zoo Med cage is just the cage, not the accessories. I realize you are looking for opinions of people comparing the two, so my answer won't help you there :) Just wanted to clarify that they are both just cages, with no extras included. Either way, we appreciate you shopping with us! As a bonus, if you do end up ordering one of our regular aluminum screen cages, here is a coupon just for the chameleon forums to save $3 dollars off any single LLL aluminum cage (not the other brands). Enter CHAM3 as your coupon code at the end of the check out process to get the discount (even ones that are already on sale!) :)

www.LLLReptile.com

I have several of the Zoo Med ReptiBreeze cages in sizes small and Xlarge. I am VERY pleased with them. Very well built, no gaps. I have also heard LOTS of great things about the LLL cages. I don't think you can go wrong whichever you choose. :D

Hope that helped!

My personal opinion: go with the LLL cage. Sorry Zoo Med - you know I love you and your products, but the LLL cages are sturdier (much more noticeable in the larger ones), hold up better to wear and tear, don't rust, etc. Again, my personal opinion.

I have both kinds. LLL does a better job of keeping the screen nice and tight. Even the picture on the box of the zoomed show wrinkles/dents in the screen. Other than that, they are pretty much the same.. HTH
Dan

I'M ON THE SAME BOAT! lol
im trying to decide on either one...reptibreeze for 5 bucks more and its corrosion-resistant...is the LLL the same?? does it get rusty ?

i wish i could see both cages in front of me so i could decide...:'(

LLL's do not get rusty. I have had some of them outside for the past couple summers and even left them out in the brutal Chicago winters and still good as new.

I have seen them side by side just put together right out of the box and you can totally tell the difference.

LLL's do not get rusty. I have had some of them outside for the past couple summers and even left them out in the brutal Chicago winters and still good as new.

I have seen them side by side just put together right out of the box and you can totally tell the difference.

how long is the sale for the cages on till?

I use LLL cages as well. I have 1 ZooMed and 1 DIY cage. LLL is the best IMO. DIY doesn't have the easy opening bottom for cleaning and the locks that they use are too big for the cage so it creates a gap between the door and frame allowing small crickets to walk right out. The ZooMed cage has had to have the screen replaced because it rusts like mad and tears. If DIY cages addressed the two issues, they would be better than LLL due to the lower price since they are exactly the same cage. As for now, the winner in my book is LLL.

I like lll as well, they are nice enclosures. However, I got another xlarge aluminum screen enclosure from a different supplier and paid $20 more than the ones at lll and the screen is flimsy, dents easy, and I need fencing on the inside. I keep my zoomeds inside and have no rust and the screen is strong. Overall, I'd prefer lll.

I like lll as well, they are nice enclosures. However, I got another xlarge aluminum screen enclosure from a different supplier and paid $20 more than the ones at lll and the screen is flimsy, dents easy, and I need fencing on the inside. I keep my zoomeds inside and have no rust and the screen is strong. Overall, I'd prefer lll.

plus the LLL is on sale now!! i just bought a 18x18x36 cage for $65 including the shipping!!

dont forget to use code CHAM3 at the end of the process! $3 off already on sale LLLcages

:D

Since lll is on sale I guess I will stock up on a couple. They make there screen much sturdier than other aluminum enclosures available. I guess they give a discount for chameleonforum people then, thats cool.

The coupon code cham3 is just for the chameleonforums.com (it is the only place I posted this coupon code) . As for the sale on the cages, it should last hopefully through the week. We have had them on sale for a bit now. The $3 off is on top of the sale :)

Thanks again to everyone here!

LLLReptile & Supply
www.LLLReptile.com

I asked Zoomed specifically about this cage and they clearly replied that it is all aluminum. To those who had them rust, could you elaborate, please?

Thanks a lot...

I asked Zoomed specifically about this cage and they clearly replied that it is all aluminum. To those who had them rust, could you elaborate, please?

Thanks a lot...

Zoomed also says they are corosion resistant. I personally have never had any of the newer zoomeds rust, but I keep them indoors. However, they still get wet from the dripper and misting. A zoomed rep told me the older zoomed modles were not as quality made, the screens were not as strong and they had corosion issues. Now they are a lot stronger and built sturdier.

Nice this Thread made me decide on the LLL Cage. This is going to be for my first Chameleon.

Placing my Order soon.

buy the LLL cage... worth it's weight in gold.......... well not really... but much much better than the zoo med. I hear those rust....

Back
Top Bottom