Little baby cham arises from the dead

Glittergloomgirl

This is my very first clutch ever so I thought this was a bad omen when this happened. The other day I had an egg that look liked it exploded with orange goo on it, So I thought it might be bad. I opened the egg and the baby inside wasnt moving. I thought it was dead. I left it in the container still in hopes that I was wrong, the next day I checked again :( still looked dead but I had to run to work so I left it in the container. Today I couldnt sleep it was 3:30 in the morning so I thought Id look at my eggs and remove the little body from the container. When I looked through the lid at the egg I noticed there was no body, I thought maybe it had shriveled up. So I took the lid off and lo and behold! :) The little Cham was alive!!!!!! :D This is my first baby!!!!! Im so excited.

Yay! You know what time it is, right?
banana.gif
Hatching your first is always a great thrill. Have fun with him.

Seriously, congrats but of course you know
ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPicssmi.gif

I've read you should not try to help one out of the egg in most situations because they will stay in it and absorb the remaining yolk then fully come out. That may have been what was happening.

Congrates though. May be you should keep that one....or all of them;)

happy days

COOL................Theres nothing like your first hatchlings:D:D
Hope all the others are just as exciting!

This is my new baby Cham sorry the pictures are a little fuzzy....

I named the little cham Ichirou which means first son :) I know it could be a little girl also but either way its my first little cham!:D Enjoy my Joy!!!

Last edited:
I've read you should not try to help one out of the egg in most situations because they will stay in it and absorb the remaining yolk then fully come out. That may have been what was happening.

Congrates though. May be you should keep that one....or all of them;)

Hey Kevin :) I was kinda thinking the same thing, I didnt take the little guy completely out of egg, I left it in there with hopes of the same thing you just stated that it was absorbing yolk.

The little baby is so cute and small and goofy looking with those big eyes. I'm sure they are all going to be lookers like their papa Goblin with the high yellows!!
How many are in this clutch?

Back
Top Bottom