Lily the Panther: a "Rescue" Progress Thread!

Been awhile since I've posted an update! Lily's been an absolute love, and we're definitely getting there in terms of trust. Today she reached for my finger and just sort of chilled out holding me hostage for like 5 minutes, haha! :love:

She continues to completely adore flying prey (she positively demolishes black soldier flies!), but hasn't been a fussy eater at all so far. It's very easy to introduce food to her - if I'm holding it, she'll eat it with very little (or no) hesitation! She's well conditioned to the point where she's already preparing her tongue if I so much as pass by her enclosure, and she will stalk me and shoot at my fingers if I'm doing cage maintenance! :LOL:

Photo dump time! :D

Preemptively aiming at my fingers (I didn't have any food, lol!):

View attachment 238520

Outside time:

View attachment 238521
View attachment 238522

Catching sight of one of my birds, and subsequent defensiveness:

View attachment 238525

The Lily process:

"Get out of my room, mom!"

View attachment 238526

"Oh wait, you have treats?"

View attachment 238527

"Okay, fine. You may proceed."

View attachment 238528
I find it so funny no noises come out when they do that lol look at that beautiful lady. Her milkshake brings all the chams to the yard

Love to follow this thread. Shes so well kept and appears to be quite the character! Plus youre a fellow bird enthusiast! Love her tongue poking out.

Lily being a dork with her favorite feeder: black soldier flies! :D

I didn't get a picture of it, but she was getting super into hunting (complete with that ridiculous T-rex pose) and ending up leaning so far backward while aiming at a fly above her that she toppled over backward while shooting! She landed on her back in the pothos, and while thus turtled she snagged another fly. Silly girl!

Last edited:
It's a Lily photo dump!! :D

Lily, at her most recent vet check up. Her fecal is clean, and the doctor has discontinued all of her medications! She's occasionally squinting, still, but doc says to leave it alone for now and see how it looks without intervention.

Lily, waiting patiently for the vet. What a little lady, with her clasped hands!

Catching sight of the vet and leaving away:

Chilling on her carrier, just after coming out. She was very good around the hustle and bustle of the treatment room, and once she settled down a little she crawled up on a few of my coworkers and was looking for treats (she shot at several fingers, lol!).

Checking out Pickle Rick's in-progress terrarium build, and performing a test run of the "chameleon highway"!

Lily's way up on the top in this one, haha!

Hanging out in the Meyer lemon:

Lily, at her most recent vet check up. Her fecal is clean, and the doctor has discontinued all of her medications! She's occasionally squinting, still, but doc says to leave it alone for now and see how it looks without intervention.

Lily, waiting patiently for the vet. What a little lady, with her clasped hands!

View attachment 241313

View attachment 241314

Chilling on her carrier, just after coming out. She was very good around the hustle and bustle of the treatment room, and once she settled down a little she crawled up on a few of my coworkers and was looking for treats (she shot at several fingers, lol!).

View attachment 241315

Checking out Pickle Rick's in-progress terrarium build, and performing a test run of the "chameleon highway"!
View attachment 241316

View attachment 241317

View attachment 241318

View attachment 241319

View attachment 241320

View attachment 241321

View attachment 241322
Lily looks absolutely wonderful , well done :love: .

View attachment 241313

View attachment 241314

View attachment 241315

View attachment 241316

View attachment 241317

View attachment 241318

View attachment 241319

View attachment 241320

View attachment 241321

View attachment 241322
Wow is she a cutie pie! My favorite picture is her clasping her hands. I love her little face. ❤️

Wow is she a cutie pie! My favorite picture is her clasping her hands. I love her little face. ❤

I know, right?! It's definitely amongst my all time favorite Lily poses! I wish I would have gotten the picture a second earlier, when she was looking right at me. She's such a good little girl! :love:

I know, right?! It's definitely amongst my all time favorite Lily poses! I wish I would have gotten the picture a second earlier, when she was looking right at me. She's such a good little girl! :love:
there's just something really special about her, she has the sweetest face I've ever seen!

there's just something really special about her, she has the sweetest face I've ever seen!

Yas! Say what you will about female chams all looking the same, but I'm confident I could pick my little girl out of a line. She's such a sweet little thing, and has such an awesome temperament! :love:

I can only hope Pickle Rick is half as perfect as she is!!

Yas! Say what you will about female chams all looking the same, but I'm confident I could pick my little girl out of a line. She's such a sweet little thing, and has such an awesome temperament! :love:

I can only hope Pickle Rick is half as perfect as she is!!
Females are great. I had a female veiled (long time ago) who was such a love.

Back
Top Bottom